Unresponsive Script

Anyone keep getting this? I notice that it occurs mostly when adding/editing Product Features. Apparently it has something to do with the jquery.js script. Kind of ticking me off since I have to shut everything down and restart because it causes a resource issue on my computer.

[ATTACH]1282[/ATTACH]

scripterror.jpg

I think this may be browser related.? I updated from FF 3.0.11 to 3.5. I still get the error but at least I can stop the script and continue quicker than before. IE8 is even worse than FF 3.0.11…it was taking so long that I ended it myself. This also may be happening due to the many (300) manufacturers I have but I am not sure.? When I select edit in Manufacturer, this is when the error occurs. I would think that it would only occur if I selected the variants within Manufacturer.?

On a side not, does anyone know why CS is using jquery.js 1.2.6 instead of the latest jquery.js 1.3.2? I think I might upload 1.3.2 and see what happens.

[quote name=‘Tool Outfitters’]I think this may be browser related.? I updated from FF 3.0.11 to 3.5. I still get the error but at least I can stop the script and continue quicker than before. IE8 is even worse than FF 3.0.11…it was taking so long that I ended it myself. This also may be happening due to the many (300) manufacturers I have but I am not sure.? When I select edit in Manufacturer, this is when the error occurs. I would think that it would only occur if I selected the variants within Manufacturer.?

On a side not, does anyone know why CS is using jquery.js 1.2.6 instead of the latest jquery.js 1.3.2? I think I might upload 1.3.2 and see what happens.[/QUOTE]

I get this problem also and its …any solusion anyone found?

Not that I know of. I tried jquery.js 1.3.2 but it didn’t change anything.

What does line 11 of that code say?

[quote name=‘ETInteractive’]What does line 11 of that code say?[/QUOTE]

There is no line 11. It’s 1 long line. That is the common error code.

[quote name=‘Tool Outfitters’]There is no line 11. It’s 1 long line. That is the common error code.[/quote]

Try word-wrapping?

This is what it looks like in the code editor. There is more code at the end but too long for the post.

```php /*

• jQuery JavaScript Library v1.3.2
  • http://jquery.com/

• Copyright (c) 2009 John Resig
  • Dual licensed under the MIT and GPL licenses.
  • License | jQuery Foundation

• Date: 2009-02-19 17:34:21 -0500 (Thu, 19 Feb 2009)
  • Revision: 6246

/ [COLOR=“Blue”]<-------------- Line 11 ------------->[/COLOR]

(function(){var l=this,g,y=l.jQuery,p=l.$,o=l.jQuery=l.$=function(E,F){return new o.fn.init(E,F)},D=/^[^<]
    (<(.|\s)+>)[^>]$|^#([\w-]+)$/,f=/^.[^:#[.,]$/;o.fn=o.prototype={init:function(E,H){E=E||document;if(E.nodeType){this[0]=E;this.length=1;this.context=E;return this}if(typeof E===“string”){var G=D.exec(E);if(G&&(G[1]||!H)){if(G[1]){E=o.clean([G[1]],H)}else{var I=document.getElementById(G[3]);if(I&&I.id!=G[3]){return o().find(E)}var F=o(I||[]);F.context=document;F.selector=E;return F}}else{return o(H).find(E)}}else{if(o.isFunction(E)){return o(document).ready(E)}}if(E.selector&&E.context){this.selector=E.selector;this.context=E.context}return this.setArray(o.isArray(E)?E:o.makeArray(E))},selector:“”,jquery:“1.3.2”,size:function(){return this.length},get:function(E){return E===g?Array.prototype.slice.call(this):this[E]},pushStack:function(F,H,E){var G=o(F);G.prevObject=this;G.context=this.context;if(H===“find”){G.selector=this.selector+(this.selector?" “:”“)+E}else{if(H){G.selector=this.selector+”.“+H+”(“+E+”)“}}return G},setArray:function(E){this.length=0;Array.prototype.push.apply(this,E);return this},each:function(F,E){return o.each(this,F,E)},index:function(E){return o.inArray(E&&E.jquery?E[0]:E,this)},attr:function(F,H,G){var E=F;if(typeof F===“string”){if(H===g){return this[0]&&oG||“attr”}else{E={};E[F]=H}}return this.each(function(I){for(F in E){o.attr(G?this.style:this,F,o.prop(this,E[F],G,I,F))}})},css:function(E,F){if((E==“width”||E==“height”)&&parseFloat(F)<0){F=g}return this.attr(E,F,“curCSS”)},text:function(F){if(typeof F!==“object”&&F!=null){return this.empty().append((this[0]&&this[0].ownerDocument||document).createTextNode(F))}var E=”“;o.each(F||this,function(){o.each(this.childNodes,function(){if(this.nodeType!=8){E+=this.nodeType!=1?this.nodeValue:o.fn.text([this])}})});return E},wrapAll:function(E){if(this[0]){var F=o(E,this[0].ownerDocument).clone();if(this[0].parentNode){F.insertBefore(this[0])}F.map(function(){var G=this;while(G.firstChild){G=G.firstChild}return G}).append(this)}return this},wrapInner:function(E){return this.each(function(){o(this).contents().wrapAll(E)})},wrap:function(E){return this.each(function(){o(this).wrapAll(E)})},append:function(){return this.domManip(arguments,true,function(E){if(this.nodeType==1){this.appendChild(E)}})},prepend:function(){return this.domManip(arguments,true,function(E){if(this.nodeType==1){this.insertBefore(E,this.firstChild)}})},before:function(){return this.domManip(arguments,false,function(E){this.parentNode.insertBefore(E,this)})},after:function(){return this.domManip(arguments,false,function(E){this.parentNode.insertBefore(E,this.nextSibling)})},end:function(){return this.prevObject||o([])},push:[].push,sort:[].sort,splice:[].splice,find:function(E){if(this.length===1){var F=this.pushStack([],“find”,E);F.length=0;o.find(E,this[0],F);return F}else{return this.pushStack(o.unique(o.map(this,function(G){return o.find(E,G)})),“find”,E)}},clone:function(G){var E=this.map(function(){if(!o.support.noCloneEvent&&!o.isXMLDoc(this)){var I=this.outerHTML;if(!I){var J=this.ownerDocument.createElement(“div”);J.appendChild(this.cloneNode(true));I=J.innerHTML}return o.clean([I.replace(/ jQuery\d+=”(?:\d+|null)“/g,”“).replace(/^\s*/,”“)])[0]}else{return this.cloneNode(true)}});if(G===true){var H=this.find(”“).andSelf(),F=0;E.find(”“).andSelf().each(function(){if(this.nodeName!==H[F].nodeName){return}var I=o.data(H[F],“events”);for(var K in I){for(var J in I[K]){o.event.add(this,K,I[K][J],I[K][J].data)}}F++})}return E},filter:function(E){return this.pushStack(o.isFunction(E)&&o.grep(this,function(G,F){return E.call(G,F)})||o.multiFilter(E,o.grep(this,function(F){return F.nodeType===1})),“filter”,E)},closest:function(E){var G=o.expr.match.POS.test(E)?o(E):null,F=0;return this.map(function(){var H=this;while(H&&H.ownerDocument){if(G?G.index(H)>-1:o(H).is(E)){o.data(H,“closest”,F);return H}H=H.parentNode;F++}})},not:function(E){if(typeof E===“string”){if(f.test(E)){return this.pushStack(o.multiFilter(E,this,true),“not”,E)}else{E=o.multiFilter(E,this)}}var F=E.length&&E[E.length-1]!==g&&!E.nodeType;return this.filter(function(){return F?o.inArray(this,E)<0:this!=E})},add:function(E){return this.pushStack(o.unique(o.merge(this.get(),typeof E===“string”?o(E):o.makeArray(E))))},is:function(E){return !!E&&o.multiFilter(E,this).length>0},hasClass:function(E){return !!E&&this.is(”.“+E)},val:function(K){if(K===g){var E=this[0];if(E){if(o.nodeName(E,“option”)){return(E.attributes.value||{}).specified?E.value:E.text}if(o.nodeName(E,“select”)){var I=E.selectedIndex,L=[],M=E.options,H=E.type==“select-one”;if(I<0){return null}for(var F=H?I:0,J=H?I+1:M.length;F=0||o.inArray(this.name,K)>=0)}else{if(o.nodeName(this,“select”)){var N=o.makeArray(K);o(“option”,this).each(function(){this.selected=(o.inArray(this.value,N)>=0||o.inArray(this.text,N)>=0)});if(!N.length){this.selectedIndex=-1}}else{this.value=K}}})},html:function(E){return E===g?(this[0]?this[0].innerHTML.replace(/ jQuery\d+=”(?:\d+|null)“/g,”“):null):this.empty().append(E)},replaceWith:function(E){return this.after(E).remove()},eq:function(E){return this.slice(E,+E+1)},slice:function(){return this.pushStack(Array.prototype.slice.apply(this,arguments),“slice”,Array.prototype.slice.call(arguments).join(”,“))},map:function(E){return this.pushStack(o.map(this,function(G,F){return E.call(G,F,G)}))},andSelf:function(){return this.add(this.prevObject)},domManip:function(J,M,L){if(this[0]){var I=(this[0].ownerDocument||this[0]).createDocumentFragment(),F=o.clean(J,(this[0].ownerDocument||this[0]),I),H=I.firstChild;if(H){for(var G=0,E=this.length;G1||G>0?I.cloneNode(true):I)}}if(F){o.each(F,z)}}return this;function K(N,O){return M&&o.nodeName(N,“table”)&&o.nodeName(O,“tr”)?(N.getElementsByTagName(“tbody”)[0]||N.appendChild(N.ownerDocument.createElement(“tbody”))):N}}};o.fn.init.prototype=o.fn;function z(E,F){if(F.src){o.ajax({url:F.src,async:false,dataType:“script”})}else{o.globalEval(F.text||F.textContent||F.innerHTML||”“)}if(F.parentNode){F.parentNode.removeChild(F)}}function e(){return +new Date}o.extend=o.fn.extend=function(){var J=arguments[0]||{},H=1,I=arguments.length,E=false,G;if(typeof J===“boolean”){E=J;J=arguments[1]||{};H=2}if(typeof J!==“object”&&!o.isFunction(J)){J={}}if(I==H){J=this;–H}for(;H-1}},swap:function(H,G,I){var E={};for(var F in G){E[F]=H.style[F];H.style[F]=G[F]}I.call(H);for(var F in G){H.style[F]=E[F]}},css:function(H,F,J,E){if(F==“width”||F==“height”){var L,G={position:“absolute”,visibility:“hidden”,display:“block”},K=F==“width”?[“Left”,“Right”]:[“Top”,“Bottom”];function I(){L=F==“width”?H.offsetWidth:H.offsetHeight;if(E===“border”){return}o.each(K,function(){if(!E){L-=parseFloat(o.curCSS(H,“padding”+this,true))||0}if(E===“margin”){L+=parseFloat(o.curCSS(H,“margin”+this,true))||0}else{L-=parseFloat(o.curCSS(H,“border”+this+“Width”,true))||0}})}if(H.offsetWidth!==0){I()}else{o.swap(H,G,I)}return Math.max(0,Math.round(L))}return o.curCSS(H,F,J)},curCSS:function(I,F,G){var L,E=I.style;if(F==“opacity”&&!o.support.opacity){L=o.attr(E,“opacity”);return L==”“?“1”:L}if(F.match(/float/i)){F=w}if(!G&&E&&E[F]){L=E[F]}else{if(q.getComputedStyle){if(F.match(/float/i)){F=“float”}F=F.replace(/([A-Z])/g,”-$1").toLowerCase();var M=q.getComputedStyle(I,null);if(M){L=M.getPropertyValue(F)}if(F==“opacity”&&L==“”){L=“1”}}else{if(I.currentStyle){var J=F.replace(/-(\w)/g,function(N,O){return O.toUpperCase()});L=I.currentStyle[F]||I.currentStyle[J];if(!/^\d+(px)?$/i.test(L)&&/^\d/.test(L)){var H=E.left,K=I.runtimeStyle.left;I.runtimeStyle.left=I.currentStyle.left;E.left=L||0;L=E.pixelLeft+“px”;E.left=H;I.runtimeStyle.left=K}}}}return L},clean:function(F,K,I){K=K||document;if(typeof K.createElement===“undefined”){K=K.ownerDocument||K[0]&&K[0].ownerDocument||document}if(!I&&F.length===1&&typeof F[0]===“string”){var H=/^<(\w+)\s*/?>$/.exec(F[0]);if(H){return[K.createElement(H[1])]}}var G=[],E=[],L=K.createElement(“div”);o.each(F,function(P,S){if(typeof S===“number”){S+=“”}if(!S){return}if(typeof S===“string”){S=S.replace(/(<(\w+)[^>]?)/>/g,function(U,V,T){return T.match(/^(abbr|br|col|img|input|link|meta|param|hr|area|embed)$/i)?U:V+“>”});var O=S.replace(/^\s+/,“”).substring(0,10).toLowerCase();var Q=!O.indexOf(“”]||!O.indexOf(“”]||(!O.indexOf(“”]||!O.indexOf(“”]||!o.support.htmlSerialize&&[1,“div
    ”,“
    ”]||[0,“”,“”];L.innerHTML=Q[1]+S+Q[2];while(Q[0]–){L=L.lastChild}if(!o.support.tbody){var R=/=0;–M){if(o.nodeName(N[M],“tbody”)&&!N[M].childNodes.length){N[M].parentNode.removeChild(N[M])}}}if(!o.support.leadingWhitespace&&/^\s/.test(S)){L.insertBefore(K.createTextNode(S.match(/^\s/)[0]),L.firstChild)}S=o.makeArray(L.childNodes)}if(S.nodeType){G.push(S)}else{G=o.merge(G,S)}});if(I){for(var J=0;G[J];J++){if(o.nodeName(G[J],“script”)&&(!G[J].type||G[J].type.toLowerCase()===“text/javascript”)){E.push(G[J].parentNode?G[J].parentNode.removeChild(G[J]):G[J])}else{if(G[J].nodeType===1){G.splice.apply(G,[J+1,0].concat(o.makeArray(G[J].getElementsByTagName(“script”))))}I.appendChild(G[J])}}return E}return G},attr:function(J,G,K){if(!J||J.nodeType==3||J.nodeType==8){return g}var H=!o.isXMLDoc(J),L=K!==g;G=H&&o.props[G]||G;if(J.tagName){var F=/href|src|style/.test(G);if(G==“selected”&&J.parentNode){J.parentNode.selectedIndex}if(G in J&&H&&!F){if(L){if(G==“type”&&o.nodeName(J,“input”)&&J.parentNode){throw"type property can’t be changed"}J[G]=K}if(o.nodeName(J,“form”)&&J.getAttributeNode(G)){return J.getAttributeNode(G).nodeValue}if(G==“tabIndex”){var I=J.getAttributeNode(“tabIndex”);return I&&I.specified?I.value:J.nodeName.match(/(button|input|object|select|textarea)/i)?0:J.nodeName.match(/^(a|area)$/i)&&J.href?0:g}return J[G]}if(!o.support.style&&H&&G==“style”){return o.attr(J.style,“cssText”,K)}if(L){J.setAttribute(G,“”+K)}var E=!o.support.hrefNormalized&&H&&F?J.getAttribute(G,2):J.getAttribute(G);return E===null?g:E}if(!o.support.opacity&&G==“opacity”){if(L){J.zoom=1;J.filter=(J.filter||“”).replace(/alpha([^)])/,“”)+(parseInt(K)+“”==“NaN”?“”:“alpha(opacity=”+K100+“)”)}return J.filter&&J.filter.indexOf(“opacity=”)>=0?(parseFloat(J.filter.match(/opacity=([^)])/)[1])/100)+“”:“”}G=G.replace(/-([a-z])/ig,function(M,N){return N.toUpperCase()});if(L){J[G]=K}return J[G]},trim:function(E){return(E||“”).replace(/^\s+|\s+$/g,“”)},makeArray:function(G){var E=[];if(G!=null){var F=G.length;if(F==null||typeof G===“string”||o.isFunction(G)||G.setInterval){E[0]=G}else{while(F){E[–F]=G[F]}}}return E},inArray:function(G,H){for(var E=0,F=H.length;E/: /)||[0,“0”])[1],safari:/webkit/.test(C),opera:/opera/.test(C),msie:/msie/.test(C)&&!/opera/.test(C),mozilla:/mozilla/.test(C)&&!/(compatible|webkit)/.test(C)};o.each({parent:function(E){return E.parentNode},parents:function(E){return o.dir(E,“parentNode”)},next:function(E){return o.nth(E,2,“nextSibling”)},prev:function(E){return o.nth(E,2,“previousSibling”)},nextAll:function(E){return o.dir(E,“nextSibling”)},prevAll:function(E){return o.dir(E,“previousSibling”)},siblings:function(E){return o.sibling(E.parentNode.firstChild,E)},children:function(E){return o.sibling(E.firstChild)},contents:function(E){return o.nodeName(E,“iframe”)?E.contentDocument||E.contentWindow.document:o.makeArray(E.childNodes)}},function(E,F){o.fn[E]=function(G){var H=o.map(this,F);if(G&&typeof G==“string”){H=o.multiFilter(G,H)}return this.pushStack(o.unique(H),E,G)}});o.each({appendTo:“append”,prependTo:“prepend”,insertBefore:“before”,insertAfter:“after”,replaceAll:“replaceWith”},function(E,F){o.fn[E]=function(G){var J=[],L=o(G);for(var K=0,H=L.length;K0?this.clone(true):this).get();o.fn[F].apply(o(L[K]),I);J=J.concat(I)}return this.pushStack(J,E,G)}});o.each({removeAttr:function(E){o.attr(this,E,“”);if(this.nodeType==1){this.removeAttribute(E)}},addClass:function(E){o.className.add(this,E)},removeClass:function(E){o.className.remove(this,E)},toggleClass:function(F,E){if(typeof E!==“boolean”){E=!o.className.has(this,F)}o.classNameE?“add”:“remove”},remove:function(E){if(!E||o.filter(E,[this]).length){o("“,this).add([this]).each(function(){o.event.remove(this);o.removeData(this)});if(this.parentNode){this.parentNode.removeChild(this)}}},empty:function(){o(this).children().remove();while(this.firstChild){this.removeChild(this.firstChild)}}},function(E,F){o.fn[E]=function(){return this.each(F,arguments)}});function j(E,F){return E[0]&&parseInt(o.curCSS(E[0],F,true),10)||0}var h=“jQuery”+e(),v=0,A={};o.extend({cache:{},data:function(F,E,G){F=F==l?A:F;var H=F[h];if(!H){H=F[h]=++v}if(E&&!o.cache[H]){o.cache[H]={}}if(G!==g){o.cache[H][E]=G}return E?o.cache[H][E]:H},removeData:function(F,E){F=F==l?A:F;var H=F[h];if(E){if(o.cache[H]){delete o.cache[H][E];E=”“;for(E in o.cache[H]){break}if(!E){o.removeData(F)}}}else{try{delete F[h]}catch(G){if(F.removeAttribute){F.removeAttribute(h)}}delete o.cache[H]}},queue:function(F,E,H){if(F){E=(E||“fx”)+“queue”;var G=o.data(F,E);if(!G||o.isArray(H)){G=o.data(F,E,o.makeArray(H))}else{if(H){G.push(H)}}}return G},dequeue:function(H,G){var E=o.queue(H,G),F=E.shift();if(!G||G===“fx”){F=E[0]}if(F!==g){F.call(H)}}});o.fn.extend({data:function(E,G){var H=E.split(”.“);H[1]=H[1]?”.“+H[1]:”“;if(G===g){var F=this.triggerHandler(“getData”+H[1]+”!“,[H[0]]);if(F===g&&this.length){F=o.data(this[0],E)}return F===g&&H[1]?this.data(H[0]):F}else{return this.trigger(“setData”+H[1]+”!",[H[0],G]).each(function(){o.data(this,E,G)})}},removeData:function(E){return this.each(function(){o.removeData(this,E)})},queue:function(E,F){if(typeof E!==“string”){F=E;E=“fx”}if(F===g){return o.queue(this[0],E)}return this.each(function(){var G=o.queue(this,E,F);if(E==“fx”&&G.length==1){G[0].call(this)}})},dequeue:function(E){return this.each(function(){o.dequeue(this,E)})}});

/*
  • Sizzle CSS Selector Engine - v0.9.3
  • Copyright 2009, The Dojo Foundation
  • Released under the MIT, BSD, and GPL Licenses.
  • More information: http://sizzlejs.com/

*/ ```

upgrade to 2.06, let us know the result…

Nope. Still does it with 2.0.6

[quote name=‘Tool Outfitters’]Nope. Still does it with 2.0.6[/QUOTE]

Yes still same in 2.0.6 so what can we do?

[quote name=‘Tool Outfitters’]

On a side not, does anyone know why CS is using jquery.js 1.2.6 instead of the latest jquery.js 1.3.2? I think I might upload 1.3.2 and see what happens.[/QUOTE]

I’ve just tried using the latest jquery version of 1.3.2 as I wanted to try some jquery plugins that only supports at least 1.3.x version of jquery.

And I realized that it breaks some functionality.

In my case, if I tried to click on “Estimate” for estimate shipping cost during “view cart”, it will trigger a JS error in the firebug console, and not show any selection choices for shipping methods.

After I put back the original jquery.js (v1.2.6), the error disappear.

So maybe as using jquery 1.3.x version break default functionalities of cs-cart thus they did not include the latest version?

(As their whole ajax request is extended from the jquery ajax functions, and they might be basing it on the outdated version of jquery.)

I do hope that they ensure that the basic/default functionalities of the cart should be compatible with any upgrades of jquery, or at least keep up with the latest versions, but its just my hope…

I’m getting this error and it’s seriously slowing me down. I am trying to update products by adding images and the page hangs for several seconds every time I submit the changes. It doesn’t matter which browser I use.

I have cs-cart 2.0.7. So, do I need to downgrade jquery? How exactly do I get rid of this error?

ETA: I checked and jquery is 1.2.6.

I’m working with an older version of Safari now (3.1.2) and have yet to see the error.

(I was using FF 3.0.13 and IE8.)

This started doing this to me so I came here to find out why.

It started happening after I checked the box called Enable secure connection at checkout

After I unchecked this box it worked. But now I don’t have secure checkout :frowning:

Checking it in FireFox gives me this error message…

Redirect Loop

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

The browser has stopped trying to retrieve the requested item. The site is redirecting the request in a way that will never complete.

* Have you disabled or blocked cookies required by this site?

* NOTE: If accepting the site’s cookies does not resolve the problem, it is likely a server configuration issue and not your computer.

Palmer - are you getting the error when working in the admin panel too, or is it happening somewhere else?

Just happening on the user side, not the admin section.

I have the same problem with 2.08, both in IE and Firefox!:confused:

I thought that maybe the problem was a listmania addon from the old store because when I chose to stop the unresponsive script, it stopped working :-?