Custom Category & Detail Pages

I apologize in advance if this is covered somewhere. I searched and could not find it.

I would like to have custom category and product detail pages.

For example have multiple category templates…

Thanks

Hovik

I would like to do the same thing.

We are still in test mode but liking what we see. I too need custom pages for the catagories display and the products display.

In our case each item has many options that have to be selected. Essentially we want folks to buy a product from the product details page where they will have all the details available on the options.

The way the products category view is setup, it seems more suited for a quick add 1 pc to cart for standard products.

We do not want folks to add to cart from the products category page…also with all our options, the product category page becomes long and clutered…there we just want to show a small image, price, and description. They will then click on a product of interest and go to the product details page to buy it.

Again I caveat the following with “I’m brand new to this cart”…

In CS Cart you will need to tweak the templates or add new templates in order to do this. But, as opposed to other carts this has turned out to be pretty easy with CS Cart with knowledge of html …

From the Admin module you go to the Design Mode Option then Enter Customization Mode and lauch the store in customization mode. You can mouse over the little tool that is now in all the block upper right corners and see the sequence and hierarchy of templates and their file locations that are generating the content of the area now highlighted in green.

You can even click on one of the templates and just go to it and edit it right there if you wish.

Pretty cool!

demojuan & hovik

You can make each category look different by using blocks. Add blocks to the category section. Then in the options for each category you can select which blocks are active.

[quote]We do not want folks to add to cart from the products category page…also with all our options, the product category page becomes long and clutered…there we just want to show a small image, price, and description. They will then click on a product of interest and go to the product details page to buy it.

[/quote]

jvanlaar

2.0.7 does exactly what you need. It has a compact list view. Which you can set to default in the options or by category.

[quote name=‘kogi’]demojuan & hovik

You can make each category look different by using blocks. Add blocks to the category section. Then in the options for each category you can select which blocks are active.

jvanlaar

2.0.7 does exactly what you need. It has a compact list view. Which you can set to default in the options or by category.[/QUOTE]

Sweet! Well been working with this for a few weeks and we are convinced its going to do it so pulling the trigger and getting the license and upgrading to 2.07 and moving forward. thanks!

we upgraded to 2.07 and the enhancements to the category and search page options were precisly what we needed!