Disappointed in 2.0.5

I am so disappointed in the 2.0.5 upgrade. I had installed 2.0.4 and everything was working and customized then I upgraded to 2.0.5 and I was unable to edit blocks. I click on the ‘edit’ button and nothing happened. There are other issues as well like images were not imported, too many to mention so suffice it to say that IMHO upgrades should not be released until they are THOROUGHLY TESTED. I am going back to 2.0.4. Thankfully I installed in a test directory so my 1.3.5 SP4 installation (which is 100% reliable) is in tact.

I upgraded 2.04 - 2.05 and everything went fine, I like the upgrade process alot better then before…

Roban, you said you upgrade everything manually. You probably missed something. Did you do also sql updates manually? Or just replaced some php ? :slight_smile:

I did upgrade on my low priority store, and everything went smoothly. Apart from horizontal categories mod does not work on this version…

I did the initial 2.0.4 by uploading the files and doing an upgarde using the CS-Cart upgrade script to transfer my 1.3.5 images, etc and all went well. I then upgraded manually to 2.0.5 and had problems. I deleted the whole install includung database and started over with a clean 2.0.5 installation and that’s when things went south. I then deleted that installation including database, re-installed a clean copy of 2.0.4 and did the 2.0.5 upgrade from the control panel and it went south again. I know, I know it’s an error on my part…it usually is.

I just did yet another clean install of 2.0.5 and ran the upgrade. The installation decided not to import gif’s which it had no issues with on my first 2.0.4 installation and most of the ‘edit’ links in the admin side do not work nor do the text links in add ons. I am not able to edit my center column ‘recommended products’ so whatever it is at the moment (products2) will have to stay that way. I can’t even edit my ‘Quick Links’. Very weird situation and I am at a loss as to where to go from here except back to 3.5.4

What do you mean you ran another “clean install on 2.0.5” and then upgraded.

That doesn’t make sense to me…how did you install 2.0.5 and then upgrade to 2.0.5???

Care to clarify?:oops::confused:

I uploaded 2.0.5 to a directory called ‘test’ and ran the installation. I then ran the import from my 1…3.5 SP4 installation as per instructions.

[quote name=‘roban’]I uploaded 2.0.5 to a directory called ‘test’ and ran the installation. I then ran the import from my 1…3.5 SP4 installation as per instructions.[/QUOTE]

It’s an upgrade script for 1.3.5 SP4 to [COLOR=Red]2.0.4[/COLOR] only, not other versions…

Don’t feel bad roban. When I ran the update script, I was left with 245 tables, no images, empty tables, incorrect attributes, ect… The only thing that actually worked out okay was users and product info.

Oh, BTW, I lost all my images (8,000+) in 1.3.5 due to switching from file system to database to file system.

Who needs a life anyway? CS will pretty much consume it for you.

[quote name=‘joe’]It’s an upgrade script for 1.3.5 SP4 to [COLOR=Red]2.0.4[/COLOR] only, not other versions…[/QUOTE]

The instructions say 'no less than 2.0.4 so I took that to mean 2.0.5 would be ok. Fool that I am…and me at the genius level.

Tool Outfitters Don’t feel bad roban. When I ran the update script, I was left with 245 tables, no images, empty tables, incorrect attributes, ect… The only thing that actually worked out okay was users and product info.

Oh, BTW, I lost all my images (8,000+) in 1.3.5 due to switching from file system to database to file system.

Who needs a life anyway? CS will pretty much consume it for you.

Thanks dude I feel so much better now that I have to do this all again. At least my 1.3.5 is intact. Sorry for your woes!

Same thing here upgrading went south too. No images were imported, every product has 55% discount on it . I will stay with 1.3.5 SP4 . It works and it works well.I’m very disappointed that I can’t upgrade to the new version.

Joe

Should I even attempt to import my old data into my 2.0.5 installation using the “official” upgrade package then?

Did a clean install of 2.0.4 then used the update script and got the exact same issues. There was an error in my listmania on the front page that disappeared after i refreshed the page but the images (gif’s and png’s) still don’t show as thumbnails. If I go to the product pages and click on the view larger image, the image is there in the pop up but not as a thumb. here is the error:

Warning: imagecreatefrompng() [function.imagecreatefrompng]: gd-png: fatal libpng error: IDAT: CRC error in /home1/vitaminl/public_html/test/core/fn.images.php on line 659

Warning: imagecreatefrompng() [function.imagecreatefrompng]: gd-png error: setjmp returns error condition in /home1/vitaminl/public_html/test/core/fn.images.php on line 659

Warning: imagecreatefrompng() [function.imagecreatefrompng]: ‘/home1/vitaminl/public_html/test/images/thumbnails/thumbnail_70__product_image_160.png’ is not a valid PNG file in /home1/vitaminl/public_html/test/core/fn.images.php on line 659

Warning: imagecopyresampled(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home1/vitaminl/public_html/test/core/fn.images.php on line 681

This all worked when I first did this yesterday before all the fuss started. All the images that didn’t make the transfer are on the 1.3.5 site. I also cannot edit the listmania blocks.

[quote name=‘Tool Outfitters’]Don’t feel bad roban. When I ran the update script, I was left with 245 tables, no images, empty tables, incorrect attributes, ect… The only thing that actually worked out okay was users and product info.

Who needs a life anyway? CS will pretty much consume it for you.[/QUOTE]

Did you move pictures from file system to db on live server without a backup ?

I also did the update from 2.04 to 2.05 and now i cant click on some blocks and edit them also.

ALSO my store now is always on store closed page somehow. even that the Access key is empty …whats the problem here?

[quote name=‘kobiadato’]I also did the update from 2.04 to 2.05 and now i cant click on some blocks and edit them also.

ALSO my store now is always on store closed page somehow. even that the Access key is empty …whats the problem here?[/QUOTE]

Hi, please take a look at the right bottom of your admin page, you will see “open store” link, click it and you’ll be fine.

This is really a bad design.

[quote name=‘joe’]Hi, please take a look at the right bottom of your admin page, you will see “open store” link, click it and you’ll be fine.

This is really a bad design.[/QUOTE]

This is default functionality. Store must be closed during upgrade. Is it so hard to re open it after upgrade is completed ? :slight_smile:

[quote name=‘Darius’]This is default functionality. Store must be closed during upgrade. Is it so hard to re open it after upgrade is completed ? :)[/QUOTE]

The bad design means it’s hard to find the “open store” link…

OK so I am a dolt. I was using the wrong update script. I now have a 2.0.4 upgraded to 2.0.5 with all images. I still cannot edit certain blocks like Home Page/Listmania

Content: Products

Filling: manually

Appearance: blocks/products2.tpl

Wrapper: blocks/wrappers/mainbox_general.tpl

Clicking on ‘edit’ doesn’t do anything. I have this issue with other blocks as well. This was true of 2.0.4 before I upgraded.

[quote name=‘Darius’]Did you move pictures from file system to db on live server without a backup ?[/QUOTE]

Nope, but do you know how long it takes to upload 8,000+ images?