• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

USPS Express Mail Rate Topic   - - - - -

• tomnibus
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 02:55 PM #1

I have downloaded and used the excellent shiptax.pdf file that tells how to get shipping and tax going. Thanks for that file.

However, I have configured that I want to offer USPS Express Mail, yet, in the two shopping carts I have configured It only calculates the USPS Priority Mail and that's it. No express mail.

Has anyone else come up against this? Is it a cs-cart problem or a USPS problem?
I just THINK I know what I'm doing.

Posted 23 September 2006 - 06:20 PM #2

Has anyone else come up against this? Is it a cs-cart problem or a USPS problem?

Yes. There is a bug. They have two Express Mail options, but it seem to default to service_id=46. To fix it, go into the table 'shipping_services". Scroll down to service_id 46. Enter "Express Mail" for the usps_code. Doing this will allow the function "_parseUSPSResult" located in usps.php to parse the resulting XML string for Express Mail from the postal service.

Larry
SculptingStudio.com
DigitalOcean VM

Ubuntu 14.04

Nginx

• pako
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 09:35 PM #3

Seems like there is still an issue with Express Mail in the new version. It quotes $2.00 no matter what. Shouldn't these shipping issues be of the utmost priority? Why aren't they being addressed by CS-Cart?!?

This and the fedex auto-assign tracking (errors on the weekends) is a big deal for me as well as not having Global Priority Mail and Global Express Mail available as shipping options.

Anyone who can spell out how to fix these asap, (like I'm a three year old) woul be greatly appreciated. Please help :(

Posted 20 November 2006 - 07:06 AM #4

I reported this bug some time ago:

http://vb.cs-cart.co...view&vbug_id=87

Larry
SculptingStudio.com
DigitalOcean VM

Ubuntu 14.04

Nginx

• pako
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 01:19 AM #5

The link above states:
In the table shipping_services, several USPS shipping codes are missing or wrong for live rates.

Example: A common 4lb or less international package could be shipped using these missing codes:

"Global Priority Mail - Variable Weight (Single)"
"Airmail Parcel Post"

Another problem, Express Mail is assigned to service_id 46 & 47. If shipping method is set to service_id 47, Express Mail rates are not retrived. If it is set to service_id 46, the usps_code is "blank", i.e., not set to Express Mail. Result, Express Mail does not work in CS-Cart.

The current workaround is to manually update the tables:
shipping_service
shipping_service_descriptions

Please visit www.USPS.com to get valid usps_code or Var_Dump($aryProducts) in usps.php to fetch valid codes. (codes vary with country and weight.)

Thank you for your continuous help....another question though...
...how do I find valid usps_codes on www.usps.com....what about the intershipper_code in the table you refer to? Please advise on where to locate the list of these. Thanks in advance!!

• pako
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 01:21 AM #6

BTW. This is my attempt to figure why none of my international customers can get rate quotes or shipping options at all. Any suggestions is well appreciated!

• RipVan100
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 02:59 PM #7

Any word or update on this? I use GPM for all my international shipping, and I really need Global Priority Mail and Airmail Parcel Post for this.

• RipVan100
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 03:09 AM #8

Bump bump bump

• ilookfab
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 06:51 AM #9

Please post a fix to USPS Express Mail

Thank you.

• ilookfab
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 02:29 AM #10

USPS SHIPPING JUST REFUSES TO GIVE CORRECT RATES.

from $1.00-2.00 for Express Mail to $4.00 or $5.00 for USPS Priority Mail. International Rates simply do not work.

Please advise. Thank you.