Synchronize users with Joomla

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a 3rd party tool that will synchronize users between CS-Cart and Joomla?

Thanks.

Not sure if that thumbs down means something but you need to export them to CSV then re-import them

[url]designforjoomla.com

I’m sorry about the thumbs down. Thought I was clicking on a question mark. My bad… :oops:

What I’m asking about is an application that can run as a cron job that will sync users between Joomla and CS-Cart.

Thanks!

I think that bwkeyboardman want a bridge/component between joomla and cs-cart, not only sincronise. something like vbulletin/ipb/smf bridge.

unfortunatly this brigde didn’t exist

[quote name=‘bwkeyboardman’]Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a 3rd party tool that will synchronize users between CS-Cart and Joomla?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I think that bwkeyboardman want a bridge/component between joomla and cs-cart, not only sincronise. something like vbulletin/ipb/smf bridge.

unfortunatly this brigde didn’t exist

is there any progress with this? DId anyone find a bridge that will transfer user names across to and from Joomla <–> CS Cart?

V.

Hello All,

You can try Shopping Cart Migration:

[url]http://www.shopping-cart-migration.com/shopping-cart-migration-options/246-virtuemart-to-cscart-migration[/url]

However, it’s quit expensive, but you can save your valuable time:

[url]Shopping Cart Migration Pricing | Cart2Cart™

Becareful!

[SIZE=“3”]I NEVER used this service, and I am NOT a representative or an affiliate of MagneticOne, the editor of Shopping Cart Migration.[/SIZE]

Lee Li Pop

[quote name=‘rainman2000’]I’m looking for the same thing. Are there any takers who can make this happen quickly at an inexpensive price???[/QUOTE]

I can do it for you. Email me at trace58451@mypacks.net

However, Joomla 1.5 has a new way to record passwords, it uses CS-Cart method but then it uses ADDITIONAL step of salting MD5.

For those who don’t know what I am taking about, in short, before calculating a checksum of the password, it adds a random string to the password to make the checksum way harder (or impossible) to reverse, that is to derive a password from the checksum (in case the database info will fall into the wrong hands).

The problem there is that it is not reversable, you cannot go to vanilla MD5 from the Joomla v1.5 values for passwords in the database.

There are 3 ways to solve it, all require some modifications to CS-Cart core files.

1. If all users are from Joomla, one can modify CS-Cart to utilize the same algorithm to check passwords. Thus, a direct import of users will have CS-Cart work with the way Joomla stores passwords.

2. If some users are Joomla, some CS-Cart, do step #1 and re-salt CS-Cart user passwords to Joomla manner.

3. If not step #2, have a field in Database to signify if Joomla or CS-Cart user record that will check differently the passwords with different algorithms.

So, it is not really easy cut as you just import… However, if you have an older Joomla version, there is a good chance it still uses the simple way to record passwords like CS-Cart does now, then it would be a direct port. However, if you will ever update Joomla, the import of new users will stop to work (that is if non of the fixes is implemented from above choices).

Everything else is sun dust.

You can vote for this feature to be added in the Ideas forum:

[url]http://cscart.uservoice.com/forums/40782-general/suggestions/705308-add-joomla-user-integration[/url]

Bob

I’ve done this. When a user checkout/registers with cs cart their account is automaticly synched to joomla instantly. All joomla user account links point to cs cart. Contact the people at http://www.joomlazoomla.com they built this little addon and it works perfectly!

They created that as a part of a large project. Contact them through their website I’m sure they’d be happy to help out.

Hi, this is something I need aswell. I've just tried contacting JoomlaZoomla but their contact form doesn't send the email!

did anyone get any further on this? CS-Cart support have not been helpful at all!