{$title} or {$content}

Does anyone know if it is possible in CS 2.x to use {$title} or {$content} in the product description ?

It would help me out somewhat.

In what way?

{$product.short_description}

{$product.long_description}

Well say for instance in the product description, depending on how long or short it is, it would be nice to drop the {$title} tag or any other tag that would save continually updating text.

As an example, if many products are the same and added in bulk or cloned and the tilte is included in the product description somewhere then then name would be automatically updated to that of the porduct name {$title} tag.

Does that kinda make any sense?

Um, not to me lol sorry. :confused:

Ok

Now in trying to sum up, Say for instance your product is called Spybot and this is the name you put in the ‘product name’ and in the ‘product description’ to describe the Spybot product.

[HTML]Spybot - Search & Destroy detects and removes spyware, a relatively new kind of threat not yet covered by common anti-virus applications.Spyware silently tracks your surfing behaviour to create a marketing profile for you that is transmitted without your knowledge to the compilers and sold to advertising companies. If you see new toolbars in your Internet Explorer that you haven’t intentionally installed, if your browser crashes inexplicably, or if your home page has been “hijacked” (or changed without your knowledge), your computer is most probably infected with spyware. Even if you don’t see the symptoms, your computer may be infected, because more and more spyware is emerging.

Spybot-S&D is free, so there’s no harm giving it a try to see if something has invaded your computer.

[/HTML]

What I am asking is, is there a way to use a tag form the product name in place of using the word Spybot all the time in the product description.

so you want your product descriptions to be dynamic to call {$product.product} where ever you insert that code?

Yep we got there, thats exactly what I am asking :smiley:

It “maybe” possible you would have to view the tpls that display the description and test it out.

I thought CS has a security setting in their code to not allow smarty vars in output…but i could be wrong.