WebGuy I still love you :)
Web development in progress with CS-Cart 3.x

• Catch1fish
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:34 PM #22

I'm hoping more of us who do post on a regular basis would do the same

This is big problem for folks like me who have just started using cs-cart -

1) we need to discuss / query the software.
2) we need a proper place to do it
3) Without regular contributers and experienced users helping out the community, the whole point of the forums is wrecked.

One of the deciders for us to purchase cs-cart was the support/discussion element in the forums- we're not web designers, not ecommerce gurus, not coders who dream in 1s and 0s, we folks trying to add to our businesses, to bring new customers in, to find new markets and add content.

Without folks like you webguy we loose first and then cs-cart looses. Without support, discussion, ideas, examples, best practice all the hard work going into v2 is wasted.

I requested/queried the lack of v2 specific forums even before i finshed the trial and after the purchase... I even had response :

As for separation of threads about current and previous versions of our software, it may be realized in future. Thank you for addressing this issue to us.

that was 11 June - really dont understand what the issue is. But we had faith that these guys would do the right thing and sort it out... 4 weeks later we're no further forward.

What's strange is that the guys at cs-cart are actually really helpful, respond in a resonable amount of time, know thier onions and add value to their product so why someone hasnt just taken a morning just to have a quick blast through and sorted it beats me

(right my foots just gone through my soapbox so I'm off to bed to dream about a room where the only discussion allowed is about v2....)
cs-cart V2.1.4

• mirnitagl
  • Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 07:56 PM #23

It is really hard and time consuming to search the forum these days looking for a solution to a problem and not knowing if folks are talking aabout 2.0 or 1.3.5 version.

I am using 1.3.5 sp4 and I'm sticking to it. All I hear about new version is bugs, troubles, upgrade difficulties.,etc I've been struggling far too long to turn my sp4 into a decent cart and truly I do not feel like going thru an upgrading hell again.

It is extremely urgent to split the forum so that nobody gets confused and we can all help each other the right way.

• joe
  • Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 08:26 PM #24

cs-cart 1.3.5 SP4 is very stable while 2.0 still has a long way to go. However, cs-cart 2.0 will be stable enough in a short time.
PM me for custom project

• Degsey
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 10:11 PM #25

Well keeping the thread back on track the forum should like others seperate the versions and have specific areas for questions on each.

• Lyn
  • Members
  • 416 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 01:14 PM #26

I agree separate forums would be great. I am not planning on upgrading at any time in the near future as it seems there are too many bugs with Version 2 at the moment. I would rather spend the time improving my store and adding products than trying to iron out technical problems.

It would be really helpful if everyone would put which version of CS-Cart they are using in their signature, or at least somewhere in their post.
Lyn
www.eziautoparts.com.au
Your one stop auto parts shop

CS-CART VERSION: 1.3.5 SP4
One of these days I'll upgrade!!
Website hosting by Micron 21

• WebGuy
  • Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 06:04 PM #27

It would be really helpful if everyone would put which version of CS-Cart they are using in their signature, or at least somewhere in their post.

This is an excellent suggestion, although it would still leave 1.3.5sp4 customers searching to find their answers and then searching to see which version the customer who posted is using.

I'm pretty much done here...I can't spend the time anymore.
It's quite a shame but I would have thought that CS-CART would understand the importance of this and readily implement as soon as possible.

Actually it should have been done when they first launched the new version.

Oh well it's been fun. :cool:
WebGuy
www.nutraceaonline.com

• gugga7
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 06:06 PM #28

This is the only reason why I don't visit this forum anymore, I use cs-cart 2.0 and it's a waste of time to search through threads and read topics only to find out that it does not apply to 2.0

It takes 10 min to create a new forum, I'm not sure what's holding cs-cart from creating a new one... It's a pity.

Posted 06 July 2009 - 10:56 PM #29

CS-Cart have just hired a new programmer specifically for the forum, you'll find that I'll be scaling back my assistance soon also if something doesn't happen. Every morning is shifting through ****, I assume you can only imagine..
I've moved on from CS-Cart to WooC******** - If you need anything I can be of little help.

• Catch1fish
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 02:16 PM #30

CS-Cart have just hired a new programmer specifically for the forum,...

Ideal - hopefully some progress soon in creating v2 only forums
cs-cart V2.1.4

• WebGuy
  • Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 04:04 PM #31

Ok, apparently they are working on it with no time frame given for implementation.

Our engineers ensured me that this issue has been taken into consideration and the forum structure will be definitely reorganized. But unfortunately they cannot say the exact date of these changes. Unfortunately this issue requires more work than just creating a new section.

Sorry for possible inconveniences.

I'll be back when it's done.
WebGuy
www.nutraceaonline.com

• TonyK
  • Members
  • 1686 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 02:25 PM #32

How bout now? Forums have been reorganized.
Pimpin' skins since v1.0

• topix
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 08:00 PM #33

... but now ... no version 1.x forum?

• The Tool
  • Been Here Way Too Long Member
  • Members
  • 3978 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 08:41 PM #34

... but now ... no version 1.x forum?

Yes there is. Click on it down at the bottom.

• WebGuy
  • Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 07:45 PM #35

I didn't think it was possible, but this move actually made it worse and not better.

I can understand the "want" to address only v2 and minimize the efforts being made for 1.3.5sp4 since it is an older version. The fact remains that these 2 versions are completely different and should be seperated and supported as such.

Although, I sincerely believe there are still way more users of v1.3.5sp4 then there are of v2 and probably will be for quite awhile.

The v1.3.5sp4 forum should not have been created as a "sub-forum" with a link to it only to find that we now have to scroll through all the "Moved:" entries. Even more of a waste of time.

The v1.3.5sp4 should be as prominent as the v2 forum AND NOT A SUB-FORUM.
When you click NEW POSTS or TODAYS POSTS, there is no way to tell what posts belong to what forum...

Which is why I suggested they be separated on a different sub domain...i.e. forum1.cs-cart.com and forum 2.cs-cart.com...or at least v1 NOT AS A SUB FORUM.

Again, I'm not one to complain but this surely is more of a mess now...and I can't legitimately help anyone here anymore.

I enjoyed the time here and wish everyone the best with their stores.
WebGuy
www.nutraceaonline.com