Knowledge Base v2.0 Addon Released !!!

After 1yr+ in the making, 6 months in design, 2.5 months in development and 42+ hrs beta testing, the Knowledge Base v2.0 Addon is here…

[size=+2]Screenshots[/size]

[size=+2]Download: Snorocket[/size]

Knowledge Base v2.1 (bug fix only) has been updated and is available in your downloads area on snorocket.com

How do we buy this addon as for the lfe of me I cannot find it in your forum

Here’s a direct donation link:

[url]http://www.snorocket.com/forums/awc_ds.php?do=donation&gid=9[/url]

Thanks - Sno

For such money I would expect some custom personal mod, a set of mods but not just one…

[quote name=‘Darius’]For such money I would expect some custom personal mod, a set of mods but not just one…[/QUOTE]

From the Club Addon forum:

[quote]The suggested donation is $50/ per addon, why $50? because we would never raise enough money to develop the addons if everyone only donated $5 or $10, the addons are fairly pricy to develop and $50 is a drop in the bucket for the ROI each addon will produce.[/quote]

At the minimum donation of $50, the KB addon is a steal! Just my 2¢…

Glen

Did you try link Sno gave in

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showpost.php?p=52296&postcount=4[/url]

I see clearly 150$ and more… Sno also confirmed in some thread that donation is 150$.

[QUOTE]The suggested donation is $50/ per addon, why $50? because we would never raise enough money to develop the addons if everyone only donated $5 or $10, the addons are fairly pricy to develop and $50 is a drop in the bucket for the ROI each addon will produce.[/QUOTE]

PS Larger fee does not guaranty larger profit.

[quote name=‘Darius’]Did you try link Sno gave in

[URL]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showpost.php?p=52296&postcount=4[/URL]

I see clearly 150$ and more… Sno also confirmed in some thread that donation is 150$.[/quote]

I believe it was $50, but that donation amount may have increased.

It’s important that people start to realise the amount of custom mods that would otherwise have been developed are now becoming increasingly what I might refer to a VIP club.

I have donated more that $500 to the mod-club, without a doubt a sizable contribution however when you reference ROI it’s worth a lot more. Not only that but you also get first hand support on the modification rather than pleading the owner to fix issues at hand.

42 hours in beta testing, I’ve gotta buy the man a beer. :wink:

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]I believe it was $50, but that donation amount may have increased.

It’s important that people start to realise the amount of custom mods that would otherwise have been developed are now becoming increasingly what I might refer to a VIP club.

I have donated more that $500 to the mod-club, without a doubt a sizable contribution however when you reference ROI it’s worth a lot more. Not only that but you also get first hand support on the modification rather than pleading the owner to fix issues at hand.

42 hours in beta testing, I’ve gotta buy the man a beer. :wink:[/QUOTE]

OK so I logged in to Sno forum, this is what I see:

Knowledge Base Addon 10%

10% Received $150.00 towards goal of $1470.00

What does this mean? Only one donation of 150$ received?

Also some of forum mods somehow gets integrated in to cs-cart with new release? Were these highly paid mods handed free of charge to cs-cart commercial company?

I do not relay on “support” anymore.

All mods I purchased from topcoder, thomH, cs-cart support must be now paid again to develop for 2.04 so all my spendings till May 7 2009 are worthless today.

[quote name=‘Darius’]OK so I logged in to Sno forum, this is what I see:

Knowledge Base Addon 10%

10% Received $150.00 towards goal of $1470.00

What does this mean? Only one donation of 150$ received?

Also some of forum mods somehow gets integrated in to cs-cart with new release? Were these highly paid mods handed free of charge to cs-cart commercial company?

I do not relay on “support” anymore.

All mods I purchased from topcoder, thomH, cs-cart support must be now paid again to develop for 2.04 so all my spendings till May 7 2009 are worthless today.[/quote]

You are actually seeing (don’t quote as I aint sno ;)) the second call for donations / membership.

Initially the modification was for just short of $1500, of that I contributed $250, then $250 for products tabs.

Note: Since the mod-club more or less told CS-Cart that product tabs should be included in 2.0 is why you all have product tabs now

Essentially over the course of the last 2 months, I seen the following developed for my store;

Knowledgebase

Product tabs

XML Sitemap (With KB Compatible SEO urls)

Depending how you see this situation, it’s either cost or investment.

That said; you cannot be forced to upgrade so realistically thats the cost of business. Every payment processor to date has been paid by someone, somewhere down the line.

Westpac payment gateway was paid for my a friend of mine, CS-Cart integrated it to make CS overall a better product. (Yes for profit, otherwise we wouldn’t have the cart)

Essentially someone has to pay up in the end, sorry to hear that it’s your loss this time.

To Everyone else:

I’ve got over 2000 posts on this forum, many more than any other places a frequent and essentially it’s becoming increasing relevant that people who do frequent the forum could not care to invest further cash into the cart or they’re business.

Frustrating for some, bliss for others. either way there needs to be another Tier that is not CS-Cart and I believe the mod-club provides it.

You dont need to join, you dont need to participate, you don’t need to pay unless you want the benefits. Anyone saying that it’s too expensive should reconsider they’re expectations from the free community.

If you have to do something the fact that you’ve been left out, or to gather a bit of attention, do me a favour and don’t ***** about it as it comes across as jealousy and envy.

Coders are extremely under-appreciated for that they do. I’m lucky to exist within a group who know that they want, know what they need and more importantly are willing to provide resources to make that happen.

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]Every payment processor to date has been paid by someone, somewhere down the line.[/QUOTE]

How do you know if for example “Product tabs” mod donated by people is not sold to cs-cart? it is now integrated in 2.0

[quote name=‘Darius’]How do you know if for example “Product tabs” mod donated by people is not sold to cs-cart? it is now integrated in 2.0[/quote]

CS-Cart are obviously smart enough to know exactly how to code product tabs. That said I do believe that Snorocket has worked with CS-Cart pushing for elements to be included, as have ET Interactive, as have I

If you were to believe that Snorocket would have sold product tabs then you should be happy that the modification has been included and made available to you free of charge.

On the other hand my expectations was to have product tabs created by the mod-club, irrelevant as it may be CS-Cart have included it into the core feature and more so it provides the mod clubs with funds to prioritise other projects.

Win-Win for me at least

[QUOTE]

On the other hand my expectations was to have product tabs created by the mod-club, irrelevant as it may be CS-Cart have included it into the core feature and more so it provides the mod clubs with funds to prioritise other projects.

[/QUOTE]

This would be a smarter move. Now again regarding tabs. Sno was raising money to complete this mod, then one day I see thread is locked and last post was it is included in 2.0 Who covered rest money I wonder? Very strange…

I know cs-cart can develop any mod they want, but this does not mean they actually will. For example Webmail addon belongs to other company, it does have a community version but one included was pro (it costs ~80$ per license for 10 users), this means CS_CART do buy software, I know this as I have a license for [url]http://www.afterlogic.com/[/url] webmail pro.

So how do I know if product tabs were not purchased by cs-cart also?

the threads on the sno forums are a little outdated, you had your chance to get the KB for $50 then, which you still probably would have complained the price was too high, in addition, even though the minimum donation was $50, most people donated more then $150+, YES more then $150+, so one of my problems is I just don’t have time to convince people and change there minds that $150 donation is keeping it fair for everyone involved. How would you feel if you bought a digital camera for $150 1 week and the next week it’s on sale for $50, you’d be pretty upset, if you want the KB great, get it, if not, then stop complaining, you had your chance, the only way we’ll be able to add additional features is to collect larger donations of $150, and again, you are getting more then 1 addon, I uploaded admin pull down menus, and I have another addon coming soon, both valued at over $200+ alone if you had to get them coded yourself, so far I have not heard any complaints from any members who have donated, the KB addon is a money maker for any e-commerce store, it’s almost more important then the cart itself because the KB is where potential customers are going to come to look for answers, you can attach products to articles, it’s an amazing addon, I’m sorry your missing out - Sno

Either you purchase the KB or you don’t. It’s up to you. The rest of this discussion is closed, Or I will take action.

:cool:

Next topic ==>

The Knowledge Base has been upgraded to v2.2 which is compatible with CS-Cart v2.05

[url]http://www.snorocket.com/forums/awc_ds.php?do=donation&gid=9[/url]

We have new features coming soon in the Knowledge Base Addon, soon we’ll have the ability to set the display of questions through a variety of choices including using the jQuery expanding/collapsible accordion style links as shown below…

Looking good. Although i don’t use the KB addon yet, thanks for all your hard work.

Knowledge Base v2.4 Released !!!

==============================

[+] Compatible with CS-Cart v2.06