YES YES YES AN API IS COMING!

Man this must have been the best news I had in times! (ok, so in case you’re wondering if I still have a life: Yes, but at the moment most of it resolves around our little business that is growing very steadily - and the upcoming little Flow!!)

I guess all my whining about needing more integrations finally paid off… because cs-cart just answered this to me in their blog:

[quote]

Thank you so much for the tip, actually the API is to be introduced in CS-Cart 3.1.1, as well as the new admin panel.

Some developer guides on API usage are to be published later. We really want to make CS-Cart more open for the developers, and providing a reliable API is essential.

One again, thanks for caring, it is very important for us :-)[/quote]

Finally we will be able to easily hook up 3rd party apps, like accounting, crm, and so on! Also the new admin simply looks fantastic. I am very happy I didn’t make the switch to Magento when I was considering this some months ago (only reason: the need for better integration with other software).

This will be the breaking news :D Thanks for the share. The main question is when will be the new version was coming…

I'm glad to read that. But…

it would be nice to get some information about what the Application Protocol Interface will actually provide.

I really hope that the API will at least allow full integration of customer details, orders, inventory, product details, transaction details, and everything else that is needed for integration with ERP, CRM, Accounting, Logistics, POS, email solutions, shipping solutions, payment solutions, etc.

I think I'll wait for the API to integrate Xero! - Thanks Flow!

Sounds interesting, we'll see how it works.

We've already integrated CS Cart with Xero. Email speedracer.mach50@gmail.com for more info.

Very good news indeed!

I'm also waiting for the API to integrate Xero. Will you be

We are running CS-Cart v 3.x with Front Accounting

Synchronization from CSCart to FrontAccounting

[color=#808080][font=Arial][size=3]a) Customers.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#808080][font=Arial][size=3]B) Contacts[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#808080][font=Arial][size=3]c) Categories[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#808080][font=Arial][size=3]d) Products (including product attribute)[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#808080][font=Arial][size=3]e) Sales Order/Invoice[/size][/font][/color][size=1] [/size]

It’s really nearly coming now! Since cs-cart is probably already the best cart in terms of build in features and ease of use, the API will get it right up there with the big boys!

From the blog:

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]CS-Cart 3.1.1 is on its way, ready to deliver a pack of great new features.[/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]One of these features is the API. It is a long-awaited feature, and we are very proud to be able to announce it.[/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In this article, I will briefly tell you about some key points of CS-Cart API.[/font][/color]

What is CS-Cart API

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Basically, API is an interface used for app-to-app communication. Using API, one application can access and modify the data of another application. One of the most commonly used API paradigms is REST, which will be used in CS-Cart as well.[/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]With the help of CS-Cart API, it will be possible to view and edit a store’s data by sending standard HTTP requests to it (over a secure channel, if necessary), with no need to open the CS-Cart admin panel or the storefront in a browser.[/font][/color]

Features

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The objects that can be managed remotely via the API in CS-Cart 3.1.1 are:[/font][/color][list]

[]Products

[
]Categories

[]Users

[
]Settings

[/list]

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Such an object can be viewed, created, or removed, and its properties can be modified individually.[/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]With the help of the API, a third party developer can write applications to communicate with a CS-Cart store quickly and easily.[/font][/color]

Security

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Users must be explicitly granted API access in the profile settings via the CS-Cart admin panel in order to use it. A unique security key will be generated, which will serve as the access password when sending API requests:[/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Regular user permissions are applied as well, and only a user with sufficient privileges will be able make changes in the store database.[/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This is just a brief overview of our new API. The full developer guide will be published later on our site. Stay tuned![/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]API will be one of the greatest features of CS-Cart, and we are looking forward to people using it. We are happy to answer any questions you may have in the comments section.[/font][/color]

I really hope it will be possible to turn addons on/off per storefront.

it’s broken right now

API Logging is missing!

Should be nice to have also logging to API

Valentin

Is there a permission for vendors only to manage there own products/orders like in the vendor.php ?

Or is the api only an admin feature?

Where can I find more info on the API? I have CS-Cart version 2.25

I believe the API is for V4 only.