XML Data Feed(Importing supplier's xml)

The Tool:

Ahh OK. Thanks for your informations&your comments.

I am also interested in this XML importa data feed and is better than the CSV, I have some data in XML but when converted to CSV and trying to import it in CS Cart, it does not work and are not recognized.

I find more files and data in XML than in CSV.

So I think that this would be a very useful and interesting thing

Deleted post…

[font=“Verdana”]We need something that can handle Quickbooks IIF plus XML and CSV.

Something that can handle the linking of fields and data manipulation.

I saw a program like this a while ago, but only did IIF, cost $$$ and you could only do 1 install, as it was licenced, and wouldn’t allow installation on more than 1 PC, or moving it.

I’m keen to see what the data feeds can do, and if something can be integrated to allow more manipulation of data.

:)[/font]

We already engage in this data feed process, however the source feed is from our ERP system. All our products are created first within our ERP (Tradepoint 360) and then synchronized to CS-Cart via an XML/REST Web Service. Every 5 minutes, a cron script runs to sync any new products and/or inventory/photo/pricing changes. We basically translate raw data from the ERP's MSSQL database to CS-Cart's mySQL db.

It isn't incredibly cheap to accomplish this. You could write something quick and dirty to import via CSV but we wanted something more seamless and real-time. Getting the custom details worked out can be a real time consumer.

As someone else mentioned, it is important to track changes to the DB. Anytime there are changes to the DB, we get e-mail reports describing the changes.

If anyone has questions about our procedures, we're happy to contribute to the forum.

Cheers,

I am desperate for this add on… I will have over 2000 products on my site, so this is a must for me…!

any news about this? anyone have develop this for cs cart?

hi

almost there.

I will be posting some details after the first tests.

Till then please some patience!

UUUUU cant wait

can you also make a addon for icecat? and at what price?

Hi

let me have a look.

Only thing is that is the 15 days of summer Vacation over here and everything is set to standby…

patience…

Fotis

no problem m8 ill look forward to it. :-)

Hope you have a good summer vacation. Very interested on the status of the import data feed add on.

[quote name='ehenderichs' timestamp='1351031052' post='147552']

Hope you have a good summer vacation. Very interested on the status of the import data feed add on.

[/quote]

Hi almost finished!!!

Having the final version on hands and doing some extensive testing.

I will let you know soon

Some images

[attachment=5983:xml1.jpg]

[attachment=5984:xml2.jpg]

Fotis

xml1.jpg

xml2.jpg

[quote name='dvsgr' timestamp='1351054082' post='147562']

Hi almost finished!!!

Having the final version on hands and doing some extensive testing.

I will let you know soon

Some images

[attachment=5983:xml1.jpg]

[attachment=5984:xml2.jpg]

Fotis

[/quote]

Thx for the quick response. Good to hear there is progress.

Wow, you don’t realise how exciting this is!!! :grin:

UUU i bin waiting and checking this forum regualy for a wail now finaly we are close :o) just hope it comes out before i go on my buisness trip to Germany for a month or 2

Nicework m8

:o)

Hi there

we are very close to finishing this. End of the month I hope!!!

Fotis

how are we looking with this, I know you guys mentioned the end of last month…?

Very curious about this project. Still ongoing or is it aborted?

Hi Guys

Still in progrees. There still some issues to clear out, but we are getting there.

It's a big project so it's a difficult task.

I ll let you know soon.

Fotis