x-cart to cs-cart transition scripts

Thanks to disneyana who pointed it out, I decided to create scripts that may help the transition from x-cart to cs-cart.

I already have the script that imports client data, I will also create scripts that import products and orders . Not sure if I should post one at a time as I create them or all together though. Your feedback after testing them would be much appreciated.

Alexandros

sweet…x-craap to cs-cart mod would be great, it’s so great to see people getting saved from x-craap, I bet you’ve saved money in tylenol already !!!

yeah, i’ve been working with Alexandros on the X to CS imports. I think the import scripts should be posted individually as well as all together. Here is a list of requirements (or “wants”):

[COLOR=SeaGreen]COMPLETE[/COLOR] Products - all product data including main category, any additional categories, main image, thumbnail and any detailed images (NOTE: Additional categories and images are not included)

[COLOR=SeaGreen]COMPLETE[/COLOR] Customers - all customer and admin data including username/password

Orders History - all order history with customer name, products and totals

Extra special “THANKS” to Alexandros for taking this on.

I am including the import script for customers. Many thanks to disneyana who tested it as well. Please take notice that for this to work the x-cart must have blowfish encryption set to off.

You can download [url]http://www.topcoder.gr/downloads/x2cs_customer.zip[/url], in the zip there is a config file (x2cs_config.php), which must be edited with the correct variables to connect to x-cart and cs-cart databases and file x2cs_customers.php which is the actual import script.

Backup your database, just in case, although the script inserts or updates, depending of existing usernames.

Upload both of them on the root folder of your server (after editing the config file) and run x2cs_customers.php. After you see the message “SUCCESS!” the import has finished.

Alexandros

Instructions for Importing Products (and Main Category & Product Image) from X-Cart to CS-Cart

These scripts were successfully tested on X-Cart v4.0.x to CS-Cart v1.3.4

• Please note that this will create ONLY the Main Category and Main Product Image for each product imported
  • Please BACKUP your database as a precaution
  1. Download [URL=“Professional Web Hosting - We provide solid web hosting & domain registration services!”]Professional Web Hosting - We provide solid web hosting & domain registration services! unzip and upload to your CS-Cart root directory

http://www.yoursite.com//
  2. Edit the x2cs_config.php file and add the following:

$XCART_HOST="";
$XCART_DB="";
$XCART_USER="";
$XCART_PASSWORD="";

$CSCART_HOST="";
$CSCART_DB="";
$CSCART_USER="";
$CSCART_PASSWORD="";
This can be done using SSH command line or before you FTP to the CS-Cart root directory.

3) Run the following file:

http://www.yoursite.com//x2cs_products.php

You should receive a “SUCCESS!” message. If so, then there will be a new file named products.txt in your CS-Cart root directory. If you don’t receive the success message or get an error message, create a blank file called products.txt in your CS-Cart root directory and chmod 666

4) Login to your CS-Cart Admin section and goto the Import Catalog section:

http://www.yoursite.com//admin.php?target=import_export&mode=import_catalog

• Get field names from the first row of the CSV file (disable column order above) should be checked
  • CSV delimiter should be set to Tab
  • Category path delimiter for ‘main_category’ field should be ///
  • Directory where images are located is the absolute path of your X-Cart images. Should be something like /files/images/
  • Select File should be Server. Click the Browse button and locate the products.txt file (located in your CS-Cart root directory)
  • Import Products and check the results in both the admin and customer views

Many THANKS to Alexandros for taking this project on. Hopefully this will help other X refugees.

Thanks for making the X-Cart to CS-Cart transition script available.

Has anyone tested it on the latest version of CS-Cart?

The link to the customer script no longer is active - can someone else post this archive? I’m looking at the products script for 4.1.X compatibility…

Give me a pm and i will send it to by email if you like.

[quote name=‘abinop’]I am including the import script for customers. Many thanks to disneyana who tested it as well. Please take notice that for this to work the x-cart must have blowfish encryption set to off.

You can download [url]http://www.topcoder.gr/downloads/x2cs_customer.zip[/url], in the zip there is a config file (x2cs_config.php), which must be edited with the correct variables to connect to x-cart and cs-cart databases and file x2cs_customers.php which is the actual import script.

Backup your database, just in case, although the script inserts or updates, depending of existing usernames.

Upload both of them on the root folder of your server (after editing the config file) and run x2cs_customers.php. After you see the message “SUCCESS!” the import has finished.

Alexandros[/QUOTE]

Anyone got a copy of this (link is broken to customer import) or another solution? I’m really wanting to keep all current info intact that has accumulated over the years from that certain other cart. - can’t wait to get switched over to a real cart. :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance

CAN YOU PLEASE POST THE DOWNLOAD THE SCRIPT…

THANKS

also will this script work between Os commerce and Cs cart?

do both old and new websites need to be hosted on the same server for the script to work?

its not going to happen

does this work in 2.08?