www.vulcangaming.com - serious computers for serious gamers

www.vulcangaming.com

I used the black steel brick skin and I redid some of the cart so the customer can’t inadvertently buy a $0.00 component. I just wished Google Adwords worked. I opened an account last Friday and it’s only been live a total of 12 hours. They have issues in the way billing gets setup and if things go wrong, the card is declined and your campaign is dead. This is the second time this week I have had Google review their side and fix whatever is foobar on their end. So, 3 clicks in almost one week. No sales. Not good.

Any ideas on how to advertise? Yahoo will take 2 weeks to get my site processed. I used Cubics for 5 hours and saw 78 clicks but I find it strange that none ever went beyond the home page. Before Cubics went live, the traffic I did see looked at more than the home page. I had tons more traffic that didn’t come through Google. I think the ratio was 7 to 1 Non-Google.

Oh can you all give me feedback - what you liked and didn’t like. I’m biased. I take criticism quite well:p

This site is based in Texas.

1. It’s too wide. I’d narrow it a bit.
  2. Still has CS-Cart favicon.
  3. Wishlists really aren’t necessary for 2 products. An example usage of a wishlist would be to store a list of items you want to buy at a later time so that you don’t have to go and find them again. With 2 products, finding an item isn’t really an issue.

Other than that, it looks good. I myself am a gamer.

Thanks for the feedback. How do you narrow it. I’ve tried using IE web developer to try a few settings and no go. The CSS tags are a bit confusing so what I tried did really weird things (like move the last sidebar all the way to the left side after the content).

I have a feeling I’ll need to start at the top and set fixed widths in all the containers…I hope not.

What or where is the CS-Cart favicon? I looked all over for it.

I’ll go ahead and disable the wishlists. I kept it on the table in case somebody was playing around with a build.

Thanks!!

You will find the favicon.icon in your store root, cs-cart/ just create your own image, then use this link to create the favicon, then copy it over the cs-cart favicon.

[url]http://tools.dynamicdrive.com/favicon/[/url]

It looks to me, that your welcome.tpl with the images you have are making it stretch. Or you may have used Listmania / site layout / home page in your admin.

Ok thanks. I created a new icon and copied it over the one in the root folder but I didn’t see any changes. Do I need to clear cache?

I didn’t use Listmania, but the stretching was already there before I added the images.

The favicon may take a day or so to generate, so give it some time, but yes clear your cache in admin and browser.

Did you try with the welcome just in case, if not it could be your top image.

top.JPG

Ok I think I have a handle on this but I wanted to pass this by you all before I make the changes:

BODY tag

---------------

margin-left: 20% (centers everything)

min-width: 910px (currently at 1350px)

width: 1040px (currently is not set)

top_image.gif

--------------------

width: 380

The gif image is what was mostly hosing things. It currently is 640. The thing I don’t know is what happens if I view this on a 17 inch monitor at a resolution of 800 x 600 or 1024 x 768.

What do you think?

Thanks,

VGC

Try the original, never seen 1350px before

body {
min-width: 910px;
}

Check the Bug Tracker for this.

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/vbugs.php?do=view&vbug_id=790[/url]

What that 1350 was for is if you view that skin on smaller monitors with lower resolution. I used 910 originally but if I viewed it on a 19 inch monitor with 1024 x 768 resolution the side bars overlayed the content some. I’ll re-test after I make those changes. If I want to center the store on any monitor, will a margin-left: some % work? It looks real good on my 21 inch wide screen.

Thanks,

VGC

The day has come. My 17" screen 1280 x 1024 is too small to browse web :slight_smile: do you know that new web laptops are made with 8 - 10" screens and 1024 resolution.

Statistics from my site:

1. 1024x768 - 2605 visitors
  2. 1280x1024 - 1600 visitors
  3. 1280x800 - 971 visitors
  4. 800x600 - 692 visitors

Darius,

I hope to have those changes out today, but it’s hard to make them with customers (however few they are) are online. I think the changes I proposed last night will work, but I need to find a small monitor since the four at home and at work are 19inch and higher. My laptop’s res is 1900 x 1200 and so is my wife’s:P Mine is a 17 inch screen and hers is a 15 inch. Where in the world do you even get the 8 - 10" models? Oh I see, Lithuania:D I can’t read microfiche too well!!

I made the changes and it looks good on a 19inch screen at 1280 x 1024, but not 1024 x 768. The margin-left of 18% needs to be resized depending on the resolution; smaller number for low resolutions and 18% at high resolutions. Anybody know how to determine the client’s resolution and manually set the margin-left attribute?

I’m doing this so larger monitors won’t show the store as left-justified. Low resolutions won’t be an issue but on a wide-screen 20 inch monitor I’d like it centered.

Thanks,

VGC

Okay, I tried one more thing and it appears it looks great on a resolution of 1024 x 768. I removed the width = 1040px on the body and also the margin-left = 18%. I’ll still need to change the width of the top image to 350px from 380px. The best thing is to create a new image at 350 instead of forcing it to resize.

I remembered why I made the width 1040px. Take a look at the actual product configuration page in IE 6. I don’t have a small monitor with IE7 on it but the issue is with IE 6.

[quote name=‘VGC’]Darius,

I hope to have those changes out today, but it’s hard to make them with customers (however few they are) are online. I think the changes I proposed last night will work, but I need to find a small monitor since the four at home and at work are 19inch and higher. My laptop’s res is 1900 x 1200 and so is my wife’s:P Mine is a 17 inch screen and hers is a 15 inch. Where in the world do you even get the 8 - 10" models? Oh I see, Lithuania:D I can’t read microfiche too well!![/QUOTE]

You can always set your monitor to lower resolution. Thats what I did when I was working on my site.

Now it looks good on 1024x768.

Does it look good on the configuration page? Thanks for checking on that resolution for me. I noticed that even if I set my widescreen to 1024 x 768 it looks better than that resolution on my 19 inch CRT. I wonder if widescreen stretches even at the same resolution. Oh well, if only IE 6 was done away with.

VGC