www.letstalkchef.com - Cooking Products & Services

This is an existing CS-Cart website, but has just gone through a major design change. I was looking for your thoughts, good or bad, for performance issues, design, usability, etc.

I worked with a very knowledgeable CS-Cart member and he did a fantastic job.

I appreciate any input you may have. Thanks!

I like the design, very modern, uncluttered, unique look!

However, site is running way to slow for my tastes Chef!

Nice work so far. :wink:

Do you mind me asking where you are located and what connection you have?

Have you checked your site under IE6?

Are you just asking or reporting some sort of bug?

I like the look alot !

There are a few things which caught my eye, top right of the header is to cluttered with little or no visible defining different portions of said area.

I would change the product filter links on product listing pages to something darker (dark brown or black) and perhaps remove the underlining.

anyhow this is after a quick look while high.

good luck !

[quote name=‘Chef_Joe’]Are you just asking or reporting some sort of bug?[/QUOTE]

The site looks great on other browsers except IE6, just think you should know this issue.

Unfortunately CS-Cart doesn’t play nice with IE6. Not only is it a huge pain in the butt to code for, but there are other issues that won’t be fixed until the next version.

See the bug at: [url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/vbugs.php?do=view&vbug_id=2389[/url]

Brandon

[quote name=‘cscartrocks’]The site looks great on other browsers except IE6, just think you should know this issue.[/QUOTE]

Ah, okay. Thank you so much for pointing that out. I will look into it. Just curious- are a lot of people still using IE6, or is this an old browser that most designers/coders do not worry about too much?

Is anyone else experiencing that the site is very slow?

I have not had any issues with speed, but I could be in the minority if others are experiencing it, and I will look into making necessary changes. Thanks for your feedback.

[quote name=‘Chef_Joe’]Is anyone else experiencing that the site is very slow?

[/QUOTE]

Very slow for me - but I am in Australia. However, it seems a fair bit slower than some of the other CS-Cart sites I have looked at.

[quote name=‘Chef_Joe’]Ah, okay. Thank you so much for pointing that out. I will look into it. Just curious- are a lot of people still using IE6, or is this an old browser that most designers/coders do not worry about too much?[/QUOTE]

No problem. Most designers/coders hate IE6 but the fact is that this browser can not be simply ignored. However, if your target market is developed country, IE6 will not be a big problem.

[quote name=‘Chef_Joe’]Is anyone else experiencing that the site is very slow?

I have not had any issues with speed, but I could be in the minority if others are experiencing it, and I will look into making necessary changes. Thanks for your feedback.[/QUOTE]

I am in NY and the site is pretty slow for me as well. I wouldn’t say it unusable, but it could use a bit of a turbo boost. Nice design though.

You should check your site on Yslow and Pagespeed.

Your Yslow2 score was a “C”.

PageSpeed was 88/100

Im in Uk and no problem with speed, 2-3 sec max.

John

[QUOTE]Do you mind me asking where you are located and what connection you have?[/QUOTE]

Midwest, business level DSL connection (don’t worry, I would not lead you to believe it was slow unless it truly was. :wink: )

I see that you have Gzip enabled which is good.

Do you also have Smartoptimizer installed?

Is your site running on a decent host with adequate resources?

Have you checked your site for html errors which can cause serious slowdown?

Have you optimized your images to the fullest extent you are able to still find as acceptable? (Your home page images do appear to render quite slowly.)

As far as IE 6, that is a tricky decision that only you can make regarding if you should be concerned or not! Personally, I do still have concerns as to how our site appears in IE6 because we still see a fair amount of visitors using this antiquated version, enough that we cannot ignore them. I do wish for the day when it becomes prehistoric, and with the release of IE9, it helps to get a little closer to being that. Unfortunately, unless Microsoft forces IE6 into the sunset, there will always be some users out there that are not even aware, (nor do they care), what version of browser they are using, these are the potential customers which will continue to be difficult to deal with. :wink: