www.flagboss.com -- Flags at wholesale prices.

Hey yall,

I am still have a little bit more work to do to finish the site, but i have the basic layout done.

I would like to know if it looks good and if there are any improvements i should make.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

www.flagboss.com

I donā€™t think that you should have the weather channel toolbar on the side. It only serves as a distraction and isnā€™t related to your sites main goal. Also, try to add real photographs of the flags, it will give your customers more confidence to buy.

yeah i was unsure if i should put the weather channel thing there and i will remove it because you are right, it doesnt synch with my sites goal. I am in the process of adding real photos of the flags as well.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Does anyone else have any views???

Showing the email on contact info may not be a good idea. (SPAM)

You have the Contact us option above and below under information.

Also center text should be aligned left with maybe a longer description. My 2 cents

Same with About our company text

[QUOTE]yeah i was unsure if i should put the weather channel thing there[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Does anyone else have any views???[/QUOTE]

I always have at least one!

Have you ever noticed that although we can all add some sort of tacky music to our sites that begins playing when the site is visited, since 1978 very few of us actually do so? :wink:

You see, in 1977 I used to have ā€œI Ainā€™t Nothing But a Hound Dogā€ by Elvis playing when our site was visited, back then I thought it was cool, and nobody else had thatā€¦

No first impact wow factor for me

I think on the home page as the main logo you should have a big flag that has that impact!

Plus have a logo that involves a flag in some way.

I thought blues brothers!

Hello Flagboss,

Overall your site looks pretty good!

I do agree however that you may want to re-design your logo, perhaps similar to your favicon with a flag incorporated. :wink:

Hey ppl,

I just made a new logo, I think it is better than the old one. Let me know what you guys think.

http://www.flagboss.com

[quote name=ā€˜shawnjā€™]Hey ppl,

I just made a new logo, I think it is better than the old one. Let me know what you guys think.

http://www.flagboss.com

honest opinionā€¦hire a professional. people decide in 3 seconds whether they like or trust your siteā€¦and the first thing they see is your logoā€¦keep it simple but keep it fresh

what i notice about the logo:

1)the flag looks choppy, should be made in vector

2)you have two different fonts, which is sometimes ok, but in this instance they do not blend w, well

3) there is actually too much going on, two fonts, three colors, two separate pics

4) do you really want to be the gangster of flags?

(if you go that route i dont think the pink theme matches.)

hope this helps from a constructive standpoint. best of luck with your shop.