www.filigreestreet.com - first site, just opened!

Thanks ! I think its quicker as well, just didn’t measure it with anything really. Whenever I can I try to open it on friend’s machines, especially the ones with a slow internet connection, to see how things load.

By the way - our current slideshow uses flash, we’re about to change to the Nivo Slider, just need to get some things sorted first.

Generally, is flash quicker than java for slideshows? Or again, it all depends on the programming?

I think you have too many sliders on your homepage, 3, i see.

Way too much blinking and banners moving all around.

Way too confusing as a customer. I hover over them and they all have different number of slides., etc, etc.

Stick to ONE homepage slider at most.

your shopping basket icon is distorted and pixelated. I only know its a shopping cart icon because I know its cs-cart.

Your “minion Pro” font is not very readable and it’s an Adobe font, not sure if that it comes installed on all systems.

Tony, thanks for the comments. Agreed, the font may not show on all systems, we’re trying to find a way to always have it used. Any suggestions?

About the slider, I’m playing with the NivoSlider, as its non-flash and would work on i-devices. So far, not so impressed but their customer service is great and eager to help.

I dont think its confusing - maybe I’m wrong. So far you’re the first who mentioned this, its an interesting thought though.

As for the basket icon, well, I made it myself, I should redo it. What would you change on it - size or quality only?

Thanks!

You cant use non system fonts on the web, you should be a standard one across all browsers.

like tacoma, new times, etc.

As for the sliders, all 3 sliders blink and move and flash. gave me a headache just looking at your site for 5 secs. At that point I’ve moved on to shop somewhere else. Maybe just me, but that’s one less shopper.

Your basket icon is mushed, like it’s the wrong image size in your skin.