Would You Buy a Data Feed Module?

800 bucks and you are not even owner :slight_smile:

I think cs-cart is interested in this more then you rest are, it will be very handy if someone will cover expenses…

Honestly I am afraid to order anything from support. Upgrades come every week now, credit or support time mod no longer works on next release and you end up with nothing…

ok folks my get the boot email worked, you guys didn’t actually think I was going to do that now do you?..lol

We have 30+ people on my forums willing to donate towards BOTH the Data Feed Manager AND Product Tabs Addons ($1700) which brings the individual donation to ~$60/ea., I will post the donation page soon, it’s too late today but we’ll pay CS Monday and ~2-3 weeks from there we should have the addon for beta testing, bug fixes, I’d say expect the delivery of the end products in 4 weeks from Monday - Sno

[quote name=‘kingsleypress’]The response from the development team is very disappointing.[/QUOTE]

No comment.

Lee Li Pop

I’m not in favor of going ahead with this. They install it on my domain and then everyone else has to do it themselves? I don’t think so.

Here is their description of how it would work if they did it:

[QUOTE]We can offer the “Data feed” modification.

1. We will add the ‘Data feed’ module to the store.

We will create the ‘Data feed’ page in the admin panel.

The ‘Data feed’ page will contain the following elements:

The ‘Data feeds’ table with the list of added/saved datafeeds.

The ‘Delete selected’ button

The ‘Add new’ button. If the admin clicks on this button he will be redirected to the ‘Add new datafeed’ page in the admin panel.

The ‘Export selected’ button will not be available on this page.

The ‘Data feeds’ table will contain the following:
  • Column with checkboxes.
  • Names of datafeeds
  • Export by cron checkbox
  • Export link

Clicking on the ‘Export’ link the system will export the selected datafeed. If there is any error then it will be displayed on the ‘Data feed’ page.

1. If the admin clicks on the ‘Add new’ button he will be redirected to the ‘Add new datafeed’ page in the admin panel.

The “Add new datafeed” page will contain the following elements:
  • The “Categories” selectbox. It will contain the list of all available categories of the store. Added using the default functionality of CS-Cart store.
  • The “Description” input text field.
  • The “File name” field. The admin will be able to specify file name for the export using this field.
  • The “File format” selectbox. This selectbox will contain the “CSV” and “TXT” values.
  • The “CSV delimiter” selectbox will be displayed on the page. The “CSV delimiter” selectbox will have the “Semicolon”, “Comma” and “Tab” values.
  • The “Save on the local machine”, “Save on the server” and “Upload by FTP” options/radiobuttons. The “Save on the local machine” option will be default one. The admin will be able to specify one of the desired variant (not 2 or 3). If the “Save on the server” option is selected he will be able to specify the server folder. ). If the “Upload by FTP” option is selected he will be able to specify FTP credentials. He will also be able to test FTP connection on this page. If it is failed the system will display the error.
  • The “Exported products” section where the admin will be able to add any specific products to the export.
  • Export by cron checkbox
  • The “Save” button

If the admin clicks on the “Save” button then the layout will be saved.

If the admin clicks on the “Save” button then the layout will be saved and the “Map fields” table, the “Save” and “Cancel” buttons will be displayed on the page. The “Map fields” table will contain the following columns:
  • Table field
  • Field name
  • Position
  • Avail

The “Table field” column will contain the names of product fields and features in the database.

The admin will not be able to change these values.

Product fields and features will be available as the drop down select box.

The “Table field” selectbox will contain the following values, product fields:
  • Product name
  • Main category
  • Full description
  • Price
  • List price
  • In stock
  • Weight
  • Free shipping
  • Shipping freight
  • Short description
  • Page title
  • META description
  • META keywords
  • Manufacturer
  • Configurable product
  • Feature comparison
  • Available
  • Downloadable product
  • Enable shipping for downloadable products
  • List all available product features

The “Field name” column will contain an input text fields.

The “Table field” selectbox will always have these values.

If the admin clicks on the “Cancel” button then the mapped fields and last changes will not be saved and the admin will be redirected to the “Product datafeed” page.

If the admin clicks on the “Save” button then the mapped fields and last changes will be saved.

We will add the cron script which will export all datafeeds if the “Export by cron” setting is set and the “Save on the local machine” setting does not set.[/QUOTE]

Product Tabs & Data Feed Addon (Addon Pak 3) is now accepting donations, we have 33 members who have pledged to make a donation to these addons which has brought the price down to $50/ea., however if you have pledged to donate more please do so we can use the funds to offset the costs of the other addons we are developing, in doing so we will also make those addons available to you free, our goal is for you to get more then you donate for. We will close the donation process and pay CS on Monday/Tuesday, Thanks - Sno

Donate online here:

[url]http://www.snorocket.com/forums/awc_ds.php?do=donation&gid=11[/url]

[QUOTE]and specifically making sure that this addon will become a permanent part of the CS-Cart code[/QUOTE]

Just as Kingsleypress clearly specified in his request for quote to CS-Cart:

I am not willing to donate to this unless CS-Cart makes it part ot the core release so that everyone will benefit and so that it is maintained by CS-Cart for all future releases!

CS-Cart needs to be able to see the big picture here as we are covering at least 1/2 of their total development cost (in a matter of a few days) to add this to the core release making their software a better product of which will also make it more appealing to more users as well…better known as a “Selling Point” to prospective CS-Cart customers! All we are doing is trying to help move these features ahead! I am sorry, however, if they cannot see how they will benefit from us users covering 1/2 of their development costs…then I will just sit back & wait until the shopping cart competition forces them to add these features as standard! :confused:

they’ve been telling us both these addons will eventually be included in the cart, when? I have no idea, I can’t tell you that, I just know 1 thing, the holidays are coming up and I’m not sitting behind my computer all weekend making data feeds…

I have handed over the management of ordering this addon to Snorocket. I do not agree with the development team’s conditions, but I will donate my $100 to the cause if Snorocket goes ahead because in the near term I need some kind of non-manual way of submitting data feeds.

I agree with Stuck that this move is very short-sighted on the part of the CS-Cart developers, possibly even unfair.

Sorry, however, I view this as a very bad business decision on their part!

Certain Features / Mods that are features which can be used by most CS-Cart users should be part of the core if we are paying for them.

Ok, here is another example:

I am at least a somewhat successful business owner of over 16 years now.

IF, a group of our customers called me and offered to cover 1/2 or more of our development costs for a new product simply because they liked working with us and did not want to go elsewhere, and then, also agreed to allow us to sell this same product to whomever else we so desired from now until eternity… I believe we would be complete dunces (other descriptions would also apply) if we turned them down! :wink:

AGAIN, there is a bigger picture here that I think is being overlooked!

cs’s business theory from the very beginning has always been, don’t give the customer what they want, wait until their forced to pay an over-priced fee to get it, then and only then put the addon in the cart for free, however the addon almost always never functions as intended because they did it their way instead of how it should have functioned from the customers perspective, then on top of that include addons that no one requested and don’t work like the hot deals addon…

Look, overall I very much like CS-Cart!

I just moved 2 ASP/MSSQL sites over to CS-Cart and after running our site live for a full week now, I am appreciating all of the features (some not so apparent at first) this cart has to offer. I do have at least a few functionality changes which need serious work & are very important to our business, specifically shipping related improvements.

However…like I said in my above posts :wink:

Glad to see that I am not the only one complaining about their arrogance and lack of vision. The observations made above really drive the point home: CS-Cart needs to listen to input from their customers and needs to start viewing things in the long term. At the rate they are going, they are likely to become the next X-Cart.

Bob

This is something that I would also like to see. I would want to be able to have an “Update All” button too. Like a button to update all created feeds. I would also want to be able to have different prices specified for the different sites.

I donated my $100 through Snorocket’s site.

I just put $100 in the pot too, see attached images:

and Global Tabs

Can you show the screenshot of Global Tabs on frontend ?

[quote name=‘miracles’]Can you show the screenshot of Global Tabs on frontend ?[/QUOTE]

Hi Miracles, the Tabs look and display exactly how they do already by default, the global tabs work in the same functionality as global options, except in our case they are tabs, hopes this makes sense, Thanks - Sno

[quote name=‘snorocket’]I just put $100 in the pot too, see attached images:

and Global Tabs

[/quote]

How is multi-language, does the tabs addon support this?

Why do you need “tab add” on when there is core integrated powerfull blocks creating multi tabs and also attachment add on for 2.x.

I also think too many tabs is also not a very good either !