WishingGifts.com has launched!!

Drum Roll Please… I have finally launched my site WishingGifts.com!! I can now get some sleep I missed out on! Please feel free to visit and send some feedback here in the forums. Many thanks to developers and members who have helped me get things rolling…jobosales, pbannette, keith, jesseleestringer, smavtron, and others who I forgot to mention. I wish you all the luck in your cart experience as I still will do some tweaking along the way…

CS-Cart members are entitled to all promotions running and receive an extra 5% off with discount code “CSCart1” for the next 2 weeks!

Nice front picture and page.

Theme seems right if targetted at women.

I like it if the page expands to fill my widescreen laptop - rather than sits in the middle. Don’t ask me what I have done on my site but it does this of its own accord.

Some fantastic images.

Had problems pulling up sub menu by moving across with the mouse. Once done it seems okay. Is the data loaded locally or something. Not my area of expertise sorry.

I would try and have more categories and then only nest to one additional sublevel.

In the UK I would be looking for a postal address.

Good Luck

Though people tend to buy things online because of price and convinient, a lot of poeple still want confident in a website. You do not have physical address or Telephone listed. Personally, I will hardly place an order in a website like that. What would happend if I have a problem with my order? To wait for 56 hours for my email to be read? What about immediate questions?

I thinks physical address or a Telephone number will assure you shoppers.Overall your site looks good. Just my thoughts…

Thanks for the feedback guys, I’m new to this so I appreciate it![quote name=‘Page’]Nice front picture and page.

Theme seems right if targetted at women.

I like it if the page expands to fill my widescreen laptop - rather than sits in the middle. Don’t ask me what I have done on my site but it does this of its own accord.

Some fantastic images.

Had problems pulling up sub menu by moving across with the mouse. Once done it seems okay. Is the data loaded locally or something. Not my area of expertise sorry.

I would try and have more categories and then only nest to one additional sublevel.

In the UK I would be looking for a postal address.

Good Luck[/QUOTE]

I would like it to expand however I would need the shadow to do the same and not sure how to do that. Limited to a windows laptop for testing as well. Data is loaded from my server.

[quote name=‘techman’]Though people tend to buy things online because of price and convinient, a lot of poeple still want confident in a website. You do not have physical address or Telephone listed. Personally, I will hardly place an order in a website like that. What would happend if I have a problem with my order? To wait for 56 hours for my email to be read? What about immediate questions?

I thinks physical address or a Telephone number will assure you shoppers.Overall your site looks good. Just my thoughts…[/QUOTE]

This is a good idea to put address and phone. Where would you suggest to include this. In About Us?

I always include our phone number (preferrably toll=free) someplace in the banner. This way a customer can easily call us with any questions regarding products, policies or just to confirm that someone actually answers the phone no matter where they are on the site.

Bob

how much does a toll free number run you?

We’ve been using RingCentral (ringcentral.com) for the past three years. Their service has been very reliable and they provide a good range of service options.

They have different plans starting at $10 based on the minutes you need. They also provide a toll-free fax number as part of at least some of their plans which has served us well since we have many wholesale customers who fax in orders.

You can also investigate Vonage or other SIP-based services. Some of these offer toll-free services for an additional charge.

Bob

I too just started with RingCentral. They do vanity numbers too. Only problem is that my number is voice & fax. Some people that try to send me a fax have problems because they are sending the fax manually (which means they wait for the sound of my fax tone before they hit START on their fax). Well the problem is that my number takes faxes once IT HEARS a fax tone from the sender. Well if the sender is sending manually, then my number doesn’t hear the fax tone and thinks its a voice call. Bob do you experience this?

You probably have the base package which provides a shared number for voice and fax. We are using the more expensive plans which provide a dedicated toll-free fax number in addition to the voice number. This was a simple choice for us because we burn through too many voice minutes each month to use the base plan.

Our office manager is supposed to be researching the current offerings from SIP-based systems like Vonage to see what they are currently offering. The last time we checked it was still less expensive for us to use an unlimited long distance plan from our local service provider in conjunction with RingCentral.

Bob