Will I be able to drag & drop in the design mode?

Interspire shopping cart has an option where I can drag & drop and customize the site in real time. Does this new version come with something like this?

This is very helpful to people like me with no HTML or programming knowledge.

Yes, however this is done through the admin panel with the block manager where you can add, edit, delete and create new blocks as well as drag n’ drop the blocks wherever you want, you can even manage the blocks on a per category, product, page level, Click on the Design tab, then click on the “Blocks” link.

admin.php?dispatch=block_manager.manage

[quote name=‘snorocket’]Yes, however this is done through the admin panel with the block manager where you can add, edit, delete and create new blocks as well as drag n’ drop the blocks wherever you want, you can even manage the blocks on a per category, product, page level, Click on the Design tab, then click on the “Blocks” link.

admin.php?dispatch=block_manager.manage[/QUOTE]

Sounds good :slight_smile: Do you know when the new version will be out? I don’t want to buy the software till the new version is out.

[quote name=‘Jesse’]Sounds good :slight_smile: Do you know when the new version will be out? I don’t want to buy the software till the new version is out.[/QUOTE]

Hi Jesse, no I do not know when the software will be officially released, however my suggestion is do not wait as most likely there will be a price increase after the official release of 2.0.

CS 2.0 is one of the most powerful e-commerce platforms available, I’ve reviewed and owned licenses of all the e-commerce packages out their and CS 2.0 is by far one of the most advanced applications for small - to - medium businesses who are serious about running an online storefront…

[quote name=‘snorocket’]Hi Jesse, no I do not know when the software will be officially released, however my suggestion is do not wait as most likely there will be a price increase after the official release of 2.0.

CS 2.0 is one of the most powerful e-commerce platforms available, I’ve reviewed and owned licenses of all the e-commerce packages out their and CS 2.0 is by far one of the most advanced applications for small - to - medium businesses who are serious about running an online storefront…[/QUOTE]

I hope the price doesn’t increase too much because then I won’t be able to afford it. :frowning: I hope it stays the same price as it is now.

$265 is a reasonable price.

[quote name=‘Jesse’]I hope the price doesn’t increase too much because then I won’t be able to afford it. :frowning: I hope it stays the same price as it is now.

$265 is a reasonable price.[/QUOTE]

I also hope the price doesn’t increase because then I wouldn’t be able to afford it.

I suggest purchasing a license now, tell CS-Cart snorocket sent you, in addition this cart has always been under-valued, it really should cost around the $600-$800+ mark, did you know that if you bought a competitors cart and paid for all the extra addons you get for FREE in CS that you would have to fork out well over $2500+, yep over $2500+, get on board with CS…

[quote name=‘snorocket’]I suggest purchasing a license now, tell CS-Cart snorocket sent you, in addition this cart has always been under-valued, it really should cost around the $600-$800+ mark, did you know that if you bought a competitors cart and paid for all the extra addons you get for FREE in CS that you would have to fork out well over $2500+, yep over $2500+, get on board with CS…[/QUOTE]

Yea cs-cart is nice and has lots of neat features but there are also free open source carts such as Magento that have all features cs-cart has and its free. The only thing missing is the drag & drop designing but there are hundreds of free templates for it.

Don’t get me wrong cs-cart is great and I will be getting it in about 1-2 months. I just hope they don’t show off highering the price too high…$265- $295 is reasonable in my opinion. Part of Cs-Carts success is because of the price. If they higher the price people will be forced to look for free versions such as Magento, Including myself.

[quote name=‘Jesse’]Yea cs-cart is nice and has lots of neat features but there are also free open source carts such as Magento that have all features cs-cart has and its free. The only thing missing is the drag & drop designing but there are hundreds of free templates for it.

Don’t get me wrong cs-cart is great and I will be getting it in about 1-2 months. I just hope they don’t show off highering the price too high…$265- $295 is reasonable in my opinion. Part of Cs-Carts success is because of the price. If they higher the price people will be forced to look for free versions such as Magento, Including myself.[/QUOTE]

I look at it this way. How do customers find your site? Think of all the money you’ve hopefully made from your website. Shouldn’t you invest some of that money back into your site?

You need a professional shopping cart to entertain and retain customers. When I see a OSC or Zencart site I immediately leave…if they are too cheap to buy commercial software or invest money into design then I’m not spending a dime with them. More and more people are expecting amazon style websites. Plus with the increasing amount of fraud customers are going to not take the chance on a poorly designed, poorly featured site.

Frankly I don’t care what the price is. So far CS-Cart has been excellent to deal with and we are looking alot of money to make custom changes for the way we do our business and I’m happy about it.