Why Is My CS-Cart So Slow?

I am on the latest version of CS-Cart after upgrading it seemed faster but still not fast enough. Now it seems really slow again. I only have 36 products listed on my site currently most of the add-ons are disabled. The static pages I made on my site that lead to the cart are super fast.

I cleared the cache and that did not help.

Here is my cart for you to see how slow it is.

Is it because of the hosting?? I am currently on Godaddys hosting but was planning on switching to a new host obviously but I am not so sure that is the speed problem considering I have 0 traffic because I am not live yet.

Thank you for any help.

[quote name=‘chipdougal’]I am on the latest version of CS-Cart after upgrading it seemed faster but still not fast enough. Now it seems really slow again. I only have 36 products listed on my site currently most of the add-ons are disabled. The static pages I made on my site that lead to the cart are super fast.

I cleared the cache and that did not help.

Here is my cart for you to see how slow it is.

Is it because of the hosting?? I am currently on Godaddys hosting but was planning on switching to a new host obviously but I am not so sure that is the speed problem considering I have 0 traffic because I am not live yet.

Thank you for any help.[/quote]

Hi try optimizing your data base :-

goto Administration → Database → Maintenance tab → optimize database

this seam to help to speed things up

You definitely need to change hosts, godaddy is great for registering domains and ssl’s but that’s about it. Also stay away from the mom and pop hosts and if your wallet can afford to get a VPS which runs around $50/month these days - Sno

I concur… The issue is access to the DB and the time it takes. You site was blank for me for quite a bit, but the display of the data was quick. This would lead me to believe that it’s getting the data for the page which is slow.

Your site is probably on server with million of other sites… Get vps

Wow, that is slow. Your site will still take 22 seconds to load even at T1 speed. Until you move your site, turn on HTTP compression using deflate or gzip. Doing so will make a great improvement. Going with VPS is a good way to go. (I wonder if Godaddy turns off compression so as to charge more for throughput?)

I only had it on there as a place to put it until I am ready to go live with it. No sense paying 25 to 75 dollars a month just for testing the site.

I just didn’t really see how the host could make it that slow with no traffic but I guess it can.

This is a dynamic cart. Everything comes from the database. There are hundereds of DB queries to load a single page. So if access to the DB is slow, then everything else will be slow too.

GoDaddy is simply not a good choice for an ecommerce site.

I realize its not, mostly just have it for temporary until I go live because it is dirt cheap and I am not capable of selling from it yet.

I guess I need to switch hosts before I ask this question. If it is still slow after switching to a vps host I will be sure to ask for advice again.