Why don't developers advertise on the forum?

I was just reading a post about the Facebook connection thing and there was a link to Site Masterly and it got me thinking.

Why don’t more developers advertise their services and products here on the forum?

I’ve never heard of Site Masterly, but they have a few addons and some skins.

I also really like Algozone, but I’ve never seen them advertise themselves here either.

Actually, the only developer that advertises kind of consistently is Webgraphiq. Tbirnseth also puts stuff on the forum about his new addons from time to time. (Yes, I know tbirnseth contributes a ton on the forum, but that isn’t what I’m talking about)

I know there are guys that do jobs and develop stuff, but don’t really have a store, and I can understand not advertising that, but why don’t these stores advertise?

Anyways, just wondering.

Thanks,

Brandon

They don’t advertise more here because many on the forum will hang them for it! This forum is pretty ruthless if anyone is selling something. If they don’t get hung, they will be made fun of. I often feel some of the advertising goes on too much and in the wrong areas but I don’t treat them as some others on the forum do.

Jim,

Well, you are right and wrong I guess. First, there is a place to advertise addons. That is at [url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26[/url]

I agree, addons shouldn’t be advertised just everywhere, but since there is a specific section for it, it would be nice to see things advertised more.

There are some great developers out there working with this cart and it would be nice to see what they have to offer.

To me, a commercial developer should be able to advertise their product on here without scrutinization. Sure, if there are bugs or problems they should be addressed, but if the addon is working the way it should be, than that is all.

One big thing I see with some of the guys like tbirnseth, is that he advertises an addon like “Here is what I made. If you like it, buy it. If you don’t, don’t buy it.” It’s that simple, it’s just an addon. It’s not everyones hopes and desires. He’s not working with 50 people with 50 different ideas on how something should work. He’s just doing something and that is the way it is. To me, that is the way to do it.

Anyways, it would just be nice to see what people have to offer.

Brandon

Agreed.