Why am I getting this message?

Same issue with us. And since CS-Cart support is on a completely different timezone, no chance of a response until Monday.

If the cart cannot connect to their server to validate then the default action should be to do NOTHING. It shouldn't assume the license is expired/bad and give a warning. False positives are worse than the actual problem (their servers).

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1337379463' post='136763']

If the cart cannot connect to their server to validate then the default action should be to do NOTHING. It shouldn't assume the license is expired/bad and give a warning. False positives are worse than the actual problem (their servers).

[/quote]

Are you saying that in fact the default action for CS-Cart is to do “nothing” if their server goes down? Or are you saying that CS should make this the default action? With what we saw again today it really sounds like if their server goes down for an extended amount of time we may be screwed on our shopping carts/websites.

I'm saying if they can't connect then they should do NOTHING. It appears that if they can't connect they are assuming the license is invalid and issuing the message which I believe to be WRONG.

I see, I totally agree.

I have a store owner who says he still can't save in the admin. is anyone else still having trouble?

No problems for us any more. After CS fixed their end, once we logged out and logged back in we were good to go. I do remember someone saying you may have to clear your cache.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1337389547' post='136775']

I'm saying if they can't connect then they should do NOTHING. It appears that if they can't connect they are assuming the license is invalid and issuing the message which I believe to be WRONG.

[/quote]

I agree with you 100%.

[quote name='clips' timestamp='1337479329' post='136832']

No problems for us any more. After CS fixed their end, once we logged out and logged back in we were good to go. I do remember someone saying you may have to clear your cache.

[/quote]

Clear the browser cache, CS-Cart cache, or both?

Message is still popping up on our side and on the customer side…very unprofessional…any final solution to this ?

I am getting these messages. Started a few days ago. Getting worse.

I did clear the cache, checked the License number and do have this in upgrade center: http://updates.cs-cart.com

What else can I look at. I did contact support and they just point me to the KB regarding trial versions.

I have a pro license since 2008. Did not change servers for a couple of years, nothing has changed. What causes this?

Now as usual, they need access to the server. Is there anything I can look at?

Unfortunately, your subscription for CS-CART software is Over. Please renew it as soon as possible to avoid the program suspending.

Your 30-day evaluation period has expired. Please purchase the full commercial license (License Agreement on the Use of CS-Cart) or remove the software from your server.

Thanks,

Bob

Disable Twigmo and see if the alert goes away.

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I don't have Twigmo installed.

Bob

Follow-up, in case someone else has a similar problem

CS-Cart Support Fixed the problem.

The Admin Logs (when cs-cart Support started working on the problem, before the problem was fixed), had:

Response: HTTPS: libcurl error(6): Couldn't resolve host 'updates.cs-cart.com'

CS-Cart stated that the problem occurred because an extra space was at the end of the host name

After the fix the logs indicate: Response: ACTIVE

What is strange is that I have been getting the upgrade notices, which also rely on updates.cs-cart.com

I also would like to complement CS-Cart Support on this issue. I notified them on November 29th, in the afternoon, (EDT US), received a response by Nov. 30th, Sent CS-Cart Support log-in information on Dec. 1st PM and they had it fixed on December 2nd (Sunday) at 1:00 AM, Eastern US Time.

I don't have many support issues, but when I do, they get back to me within 24 hours.

Bob