Which VPS set up would you choose?

Hi,

I’m currently hosting on VPS with eUKhost and have been very happy with there service. They have just launched a new range of Cloud VPS hosting and was wondering if you guys could offer advice on which hosting you think would be better for CS Cart.

I’m currently on their L-VPS-01 but was looking at upgrading to their new VM-VPS-01

Any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

John

Try www.tagadab.com. The’re part of clara.net

[quote name=‘Noman’]Try www.tagadab.com. The’re part of clara.net[/QUOTE]

Hi Norman,

I don’t see any mention of this is a managed VPS or not?

No clue. Try to call them: 0845 155 0217.

It’s not managed so would be a no from me as I don’t want that hassle as well as a website LOL

Is Hostway VPS any good?

Hostway is horrible. Check out MediaTemple.com. If you look for a coupon, you can get the DV for $33 month with annual payments.

Just in case anyone else is in the same position as I was. The Cloud VPS is much faster than the normal VPS I had. If your looking for managed VPS hosting in the UK then I would recommend eUK Host 100%.

[quote name=‘utilityempire’]f your looking for managed VPS hosting in the UK then I would recommend eUK Host 100%.[/quote]

For an unmanaged VPS or dedicated should be ok, but as a managed VPS I wouldn’t say they are so good. It’s a long story, just one funny thing. A customer had an issue with his “managed” VPS, a trivial php setting issue, they were not able to fix it 3 days long. The live support said it will be fixed shortly and next day it was the same thing. Then he (the customer) checked the logs and nobody from eUK Host was on the server and nobody touched it. At least the customer asked one of the “VPS Support technician” if he has experience with LINUX. The answer was: NO :smiley:

After that the customer applied their 30-days money back guarantee.

Well, the problem, is someone could probably post something bad/negative about every host on the planet.

One bad experience from one customer doesn’t make a bad host.

I’ve used there 24/7 Live Support Chat a number of times. Anything they can’t fix they tell you to raise a ticket and it gets fixed very quickly.

Not going to say they are perfect, cause no host is perfect 100% of the time but I have had no problems with them and for a managed VPS, whether it is cloud based or not, you would be hard pressed to beat their prices.

try this

[url]Cheap Web Hosting Provider | Best Web Hosting | Small Business Web Hosting Company

i use early vps4 when i have 10 000 visitors on day.now i have dedicaded

10+ for support.like you see price is funny :wink:

you have all panels free

[quote name=‘Lazic’]try this

[url]Cheap Web Hosting Provider | Best Web Hosting | Small Business Web Hosting Company

i use early vps4 when i have 10 000 visitors on day.now i have dedicaded

10+ for support.like you see price is funny :wink:

you have all panels free[/QUOTE]

They do have good prices but not UK based servers. Problem I have with non UK based hosting is that any down time for maintenance is normally during day time hours in the UK which is something you don’t want.

If I was going to use non UK based hosting I would probably have gone with [url]http://www.wiredtree.com/[/url] as they have a few coupons that give you 50% more resources for free.