Which Host Is THE BEST?

I like hostgator right now

I am currently with Siteground. You are right they stink. They respond quickly to trouble tickets with the exception… that they do not send you an email that they did responded so they close the ticket due to no response from you. Gotta love it. Yesterday they took down my email due to an issue with Tell A Friend and spambots. I had no idea because once again they did not tell me. My customers started calling asking why their emails were bouncing. I had no clue. So, like an idiot I go onto Siteground and login to send them a trouble ticket only to find a trouble ticket from them telling me what they did and that I had to fix my Tell a Friend option before they would let the email run again. Now, the weird thing is I have been able to send email this whole time, I was not receiving emails. This is why I was a little slow on the uptake. According to Siteground, they had stopped the sending part only. So six emails back and forth before they actually got both sending and receiving emails working again. I have also been suffering for website speed. The site just hangs sometimes. I put in a trouble ticket and they tell me they can find nothing wrong. This has been going on for months now. I am very frustrated.

I’m not so sure that you have an exclusive Barry. I do some dumb ones too.

I was with siteground, I got out and have still got nearly two years to run on my host account, I thought it was worth it to get away from them.

Cyberlnc (Scott) the best to move to, most on here will agree. I am uk based so I went with Clook, who in my humble opinion are 2nd best to Cyberlnc!

Best of luck

BarryH

[quote name=‘BarryH’]I was with siteground, I got out and have still got nearly two years to run on my host account, I thought it was worth it to get away from them.

Cyberlnc (Scott) the best to move to, most on here will agree. I am uk based so I went with Clook, who in my humble opinion are 2nd best to Cyberlnc!

Best of luck

BarryH[/quote]

I just checked CyberInc and they have a NO Vacancy sign up. They say they will be adding new servers soon. I will keep on checking back with them. :wink:

Yeah

Word on the street is they are making BIG upgrades to existing servers etc.

Contact S-Combs on here directly (PM) he is a great bloke and always has time to sort things out. I know he was busy the other week and maybe he still is.

BarryH

Thanks for the kind words Barry and everyone else.

Sherry: I’ll be happy to help you if you can wait just a few more days. My hands are very full at the moment trying to get new servers configured. If you have any questions about our services, feel free to send me a message.

cpugeek: I just finished moving a cs-cart client from Hostgator because their account was suspended for resource usage. This is becoming a big problem with this script because every new revision is more demanding than the last.

i use mediatemple and they rock!

We have good experience with Vooservers. Uk based.

[quote name=‘S-Combs’]Thanks for the kind words Barry and everyone else.

Sherry: I’ll be happy to help you if you can wait just a few more days. My hands are very full at the moment trying to get new servers configured. If you have any questions about our services, feel free to send me a message.

cpugeek: I just finished moving a cs-cart client from Hostgator because their account was suspended for resource usage. This is becoming a big problem with this script because every new revision is more demanding than the last.[/quote]

Hi. I am getting email this morning again so I can wait. I’ll just have to keep logging into Siteground to make sure there not doing something without me knowing again. Someone suggested I upgrade to the new 1.3.5 version saying that will help regarding the spambots. My issue is I am out of my league with installing the software, etc. Siteground did the install for me. So I would have to have someone do the upgrades, move, etc. for me so it doesn’t get messed up.:smiley:

[quote name=‘BarryH’]Yeah

Word on the street is they are making BIG upgrades to existing servers etc.

Contact S-Combs on here directly (PM) he is a great bloke and always has time to sort things out. I know he was busy the other week and maybe he still is.

BarryH[/quote]

Thank you Barry. S-Combs heard my plight.

Our new servers are now online and we can accept new clients again

[quote name=‘S-Combs’]Our new servers are now online and we can accept new clients again[/quote]

… and it’s faster :rolleyes: :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m at Pair since October 2000.

You can find trustable companies at WebHostingTalk the best webhosting forum on the place :cool:

Lee Li Pop

I have had excellent luck at Cartika Hosting (cartikahosting.com), where I’ve had a reseller account for three years. I have run CS-Cart there, as well as on WiredTree.com, where I have a VPS. WiredTree seems fine so far; I haven’t been there that long, though.

A couple of folks in this thread mentioned they had moved from “shared hosting” to CyberLNC. (Never used CyberLNC so I have no opinion one way or the other.) But surely those are shared hosting accounts at CyberLNC? If they’re giving away dedicated servers for $9.99 a month, I’m joining right now! :smiley:

If you have a good Web host, shared hosting normally won’t be a problem until you get quite a bit of site traffic.

And I agree that Webhostingtalk.com is not a bad place to start if you’re shopping for Web hosts.

[quote]A couple of folks in this thread mentioned they had moved from “shared hosting” to CyberLNC. (Never used CyberLNC so I have no opinion one way or the other.) But surely those are shared hosting accounts at CyberLNC? If they’re giving away dedicated servers for $9.99 a month, I’m joining right now![/quote]

CyberLNC does not offer dedicated servers for $9.99 a month. However, they do NOT congest there servers with clients like majority of the webhosts do, so your site should load very quick.

Excellent host: Crucial Web Hosting

I have been using “Inmotionhosting.com” and have had a great expereince!

Okay to summarize the best 3 so far.

I have just looked through this thread and see that the most complimented in this order are

CyberLNC

Hostgator

Clook

I use Cyberlnc and I have to say they by far have some of the best customer service and my site runs flawlessly. +1000 for the guys at cyberlnc