Where is Google sitemap?

Is there a Google sitemap? all I can find is sitemap for my site but not something to submit to Google

There is an addon for Google sitemap. You can install, configure and activate it in Administration->Addons.

Bob

The file should be then in the root directory for that installation

To enter the options for the sitemap, go to the addon itself (Administration->addons->Google Sitemap->edit) and configure options from there.

Thanks I’ve found it, don’t know why I couldn’t see it before :frowning:

[quote name=‘TexasGuy’]The file should be then in the root directory for that installation

To enter the options for the sitemap, go to the addon itself (Administration->addons->Google Sitemap->edit) and configure options from there.[/QUOTE]

Actually (if memory serves me - but it may have changed), the sitemap.xml file lives in the var directory somewhere. When accessed as ‘/sitemap.xml’, the sef_rewrite rules kick in for the addon and it is retrieved from the var directory and provided to the caller.

I never went with the new sitemap stuff because I didn’t want to have to clear it and recreate it manually every time I made a change to a product or category. Hence, I stuck with the old and had modified it to have a setting for how often to recreate it and to do so upon an admin login.