Where exactly IS the site map?

Under setting > site map, there are 3 check boxes. I’ve never messed with them but the middle one: “Show only root level categories links in the ‘Categories’ section” was and still is unchecked. The other 2 are checked.

Is this the preferred way to configure it? There’s really no guidance in the admin to speak of.

Also, in Google Webmaster tools, there’s an option for testing/submitting the site map, but I have no idea what URL to enter to get it done. :?

Anyone?

[quote][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Also, in Google Webmaster tools, there's an option for testing/submitting the site map, but I have no idea what URL to enter to get it done.[/font][/color][/quote]

www.yoursite.com/sitemap.xml

Thanks Struck,

Any suggestions regarding the check boxes I mentioned?

The sitemap you are dealing with in Settings>Sitemap is not a Google Sitemap. To configure the Google Sitemap, you need to go to Administration>Addons>Google Sitemap The one you are talking about creates a html sitemap of your sites products and pages and displays them on a regular html page.

Thanks for the feedback Kingsleypress!

I'm still a bit fuzzy though. I have had the google sitemap you mentioned (in add-ons) activated. So when I attempt to submit it to google, do I still use: www.yoursite.com/sitemap.xml or is it something else?

[quote name='MFD' timestamp='1369954330' post='162761']

So when I attempt to submit it to google, do I still use: www.yoursite.com/sitemap.xml or is it something else?

[/quote]

Yes, use that (assuming you have the SEO addon enabled). PM me your actual URL if you want me to check it.