Where do I paste tracking code?

Where do I paste tracking code for site-wide visitor tracking?

Administration/addons

enable Google Analytics click on edit and add your code something like UA-your numbers-2 digit code that you get from Google Analytics

I have Google Analytics enabled already but I like to use another tracker as well.

I presume you are using version 1.3, as it is in your signature, and you can read how to add tracking code in the Knowledgebase here - [url]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

If version 2 - the relevant page is here - [url]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

If you have trouble getting it to work, let me know.

Hi, yes my signature is current with the right version of my cart.

The link you provided shows:

Adding a sales tracking code

To add a tracking code to the ‘Order info’ page:

1.Open the order_details.tpl template located in the skins/[CUSTOMER_ACTIVE_SKIN]/customer/orders_pages directory of your CS-Cart installation (where [CUSTOMER_ACTIVE_SKIN] is an active skin of your storefront).

2.Add your code under the following line:

{if $smarty.get.confirmation == ‘Y’}

3.Save the file.

---------------------

I’m wanting to track all pages. Do I need to install the code onto every page I want to track or is there a global location it can go into?

[quote name=‘Brennie369’]I’m wanting to track all pages. Do I need to install the code onto every page I want to track or is there a global location it can go into?[/QUOTE]

The sales tracking code is just that - for tracking sales - and it only needs to go into the order_details.tpl template.

As for tracking every page, sorry but I’m not sure exactly what you mean and I probably wouldn’t know how to do it anyway!

Hopefully someone else will be able to give you the answer. Sorry I can’t be of more help.