When will CS-Cart support php 5.4?

PHP 5.4 is the latest stable version of PHP. There are a lot benefits to php 5.4 including a significant speed increase.

PHP 5.4 its beta has been going on for 9 months, before it went gold.After which there have already been 4 releases of PHP 5.4.

My server runs PHP 5.4.4 but CS-Cart is not compatible.

When will CS-Cart be compatible with the latest stable version of PHP?

Does anyone know how to fix CS-Cart so that it is compatible with the latest stable version of PHP?

Maybe you could describe the issues you are seeing?

Here is the bug tracker entry:

Strict Standards: Declaration of SmartyEngine_Core::display() should be compatible

[quote name='P-Pharma' timestamp='1341226625' post='139746']

PHP 5.4 is the latest stable version of PHP. There are a lot benefits to php 5.4 including a significant speed increase.

PHP 5.4 its beta has been going on for 9 months, before it went gold.After which there have already been 4 releases of PHP 5.4.

My server runs PHP 5.4.4 but CS-Cart is not compatible.

When will CS-Cart be compatible with the latest stable version of PHP?

[/quote]

I have the same problem. I have already a cs-cart installed on our server, which was recently updated to PHP 5.4, and thus now we face serious problems as we are looking to host the shop elsewhere! I am currently locally working in 2 more cs-cart shops and I cannot host them to our servers!

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your messages.

We understand your concern regarding this matter. Our engineers are already working on the new major CS-Cart version where full compatibility with PHP version 5.4 will be implemented. Unfortunately, I cannot tell when exactly this version will be released as long as we do not know it yet.

Meanwhile you can use the workaround provided by our engineer here if your CS-Cart store is installed on a server with PHP 5.4 and you experience compatibility issues.

I apologize for the inconvenience in this matter and hope that this solution is satisfactory.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

Turning error reporting off is not really an option, as we are producing new webshops, installing addons, adding newly created skins, etc.

Please note that PHP 5.5 Alpha has already been released this month and by the time that the next major version of CS-Cart is out, PHP 5.5 may be out as well. Please anticipate on this.

PHP 5.5 will introduce important security and password innovations.

See here for the PHP 5.5 changes: php-src/NEWS at php-5.5.0alpha1 · php/php-src · GitHub

Hello P-Pharma,

Thank you for your message.

Yes, I agree with you that disabling error notifications it is not a solution to the problem, especially in your particular case. As I told in my previous message, it is only a workaround. So, unfortunately, you should wait for a new major CS-Cart version.

As regards PHP 5.5, we are not planning to test the next CS-Cart major release for compatibility with this PHP version yet. Optimizing CS-Cart for a new PHP version frequently requires re-factoring the source code and abandonment of old PHP functions. In the new major version of CS-Cart we (most probably) will not support PHP version earlier than 5.3.

The overwhelming majority of hosting providers do not upgrade their servers to support a new PHP version right after a stable version of it is released. Usually it takes several months and even more. So adaptation of CS-Cart for PHP 5.5 most probably will force our clients search for hosting providers which support PHP 5.5 and we do not want to force our clients do it.

I hope my answer explains the situation. Still if you have any other questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to answer them.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

Had an email today from 1and1 they are switching to new php in feb 13

I dont host with them anymore but thought Id post it

JOhn

Yes, my host also switched to PHP 5.4. I have therefore moved my websites to a VDS with PHP 5.3 which costs extra money until CS-Cart resolves it.

PHP 5.5 will be released in February. At that point many hosts will move to PHP 5.4.

With 'next major release', do you mean CS-Cart 4 or 3.1?

If you run a shared server, you are subject to the whims of the hosting provider. If you run a VPS, they should be able to set your VPS to use any version of PHP that is available in the market. I doubt they would update a VPS without checking with the VPS owner (but stranger things have happened).

Hello P-Pharma,

Thank you for the reply.

By the next major CS-Cart version I mean version 3.1.x.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

Pavel you only took about 6 months to respond to this thread.

LOL

Will php 5.4 compatiblablity be released before or after the multi channel project ?

Hello Lazy,

Yes, it is :) Unfortunately, I have not had enough time to look at forum posts and moderate them for several months. Haplessly, now I have.

Could you clarify what you mean by saying “multi channel project” so that I could provide you with a comprehensive answer?

Thank you in advance.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

Is there an approximate ETA on CS-Cart 3.1?

This would be good to know as I am renting a VDS to resolve the issue and need to choose a contract duration.

Hello P-Pharma,

We are planning to release CS-Cart version 3.1 next year. Unfortunately, we do have any exact time-frames like a month or so. So I suggest that you should follow the news and updates in official blog blog and our Twitter account.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

I have tested with php 5.4 and the form builder addon is broken. Although performance and memory use is better due to the much old depreciated code being removed from php. You will notice performance improvements even more when using an op-code cache.

Hello Adrian8,

Thank you for the provided information about the issue with the Form builder add-on. I have forwarded it to our engineers for examination. They will certainly check it in detail.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

[quote name='CS-Cart Support team' timestamp='1354019700' post='149994']

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your messages.

We understand your concern regarding this matter. Our engineers are already working on the new major CS-Cart version where full compatibility with PHP version 5.4 will be implemented. Unfortunately, I cannot tell when exactly this version will be released as long as we do not know it yet.

Meanwhile you can use the workaround provided by our engineer here if your CS-Cart store is installed on a server with PHP 5.4 and you experience compatibility issues.

I apologize for the inconvenience in this matter and hope that this solution is satisfactory.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

[/quote]

Hi I run an older site www.drywallzone.com on 1.3.5 which is very very busy and I do not want to change anything and keep getting an email from my upgrade dept failed upgrade of new 5.4 php and do not want to update until there is a fix to update and really love the older version, is there a fix for this to apply so I can update my php. I also run www.drywalltoolsplus.co on same server different licience

I am running cs cart 2.2.4 and 3 stores and when I heard 1and1 is going to switch to php 5.4 my heart sinked…received an email from them couple of weeks ago…

is there going to be any possibility to stay where I am now (1and1) or should I start looking into a painful migration somewhere else?

Also if all the hostings are switching to php 5.4 sooner or later, i may have the same problem again and have to move again!

What is your suggestion on this issue?