When I try to update or create a new product program is very slow

Hi There,

I having a problem that everytime when I try to create or update a product the program was very very slow (it took about 1min. to get the job done) and I look at windows task manager —> performance the cpu usage was very very high.

Here is my server specification

Intel Server S5000PAL + 2 x Intel Dual Core 5150

Memory 4 GB

Windows Server 2003 x64

Any solution to fix this issue would be appreciated

T.

We’ve had this same problem, and found a post on the forums that helped.

Everything on the site was fast except adding new products. This only happened after we already had several products loaded. Simply clearing the cache fixes the slow down when adding products, however it would keep happening so we added a cron job to clear the cache every 6 hours.

Thank you for your information jgaris.

Is there anyway to permanently disable the cache. It’s very annoying if I had to do it every 6 hrs. or even everyday.

[quote name=‘phoenixkk’]Thank you for your information jgaris.

Is there anyway to permanently disable the cache. It’s very annoying if I had to do it every 6 hrs. or even everyday.[/quote]

As jgaris said, you have to create a cron job on your server.

Sorry indy007 I misunderstood that.

Is a cron job works on win2k3? and if it is can you walk me through how to create it.

Thank you

T.

[quote name=‘phoenixkk’]Sorry indy007 I misunderstood that.

Is a cron job works on win2k3? and if it is can you walk me through how to create it.

Thank you

T.[/quote]

I don’t know how to set up a cron job on a win server but take a look at this [url]http://cronw.sourceforge.net/[/url] or ask your hosting provider.

Thank you indy007.

I’d try to play around with it.:wink:

Do you mind posting the cron job settings for clearing cache, particularly the command line?

I actually changed the way we took care of this. Instead of using cron, I changed a couple links in the admin to append &cc to the end, so that it would automatically clear the cache everytime they went to the products list and save a product.

The files I modified are:

/skins/basic/admin/top.tpl line 47

```php

• {$lang.$_title}

• ```

/skins/basic/admin/views/products/update.tpl line 16
    ```php
    {* product update form *}
    ```

[quote name=‘phoenixkk’]Sorry indy007 I misunderstood that.

Thank you

T.[/QUOTE]

Instead of a cron job you can simply schedule a task that runs every 6 hours. The windows task scheduler is the microsoft equivalent of the cron daemon.