When I am writing descriptions should I be using H1 etc to improve SEO ratings

I am never sure if this makes a difference or whether it just slows up the listing process.

With the basic skin the product title is already a h1 tag and aren’t you only supposed to have one h1 tag per page? It would probably be better to use h2 or h3 tags and if you really want them to a certain size than just set that up through your css.

Brandon

[quote name=‘Page’]I am never sure if this makes a difference or whether it just slows up the listing process.[/QUOTE]

Focus your SEO efforts on the page title, page description, and body of content (product descriptions). Pages should be unique if possible yet contain the targeted keywords that users will be searching. Getting indexed is not that difficult, getting ranked for keywords is the goal. If you don’t have a strategy on creating backlinks pointing back to your page(s) your not going to be seen in the top 1000 let alone top 10. Sometimes you get lucky with obscure product names being ranked well with little work but you need to remember SEO is a LONG term effort that must be done constantly.

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]With the basic skin the product title is already a h1 tag and aren’t you only supposed to have one h1 tag per page? It would probably be better to use h2 or h3 tags and if you really want them to a certain size than just set that up through your css.

Brandon[/QUOTE]

I haven’t spent much time yet looking at the cs-cart html rendered but at first glance I really don’t like the positioning the

and

tags. First there shouldn’t be multiple

tags so “

Sign in

” is completely meaningless. Second the

tags on the category sidebox I don’t agree with rather it should be maybe the product code. IMO Google doesn’t put a tremendous emphasis on tags vs. the title, description, and body tags. In the end your keyword(s) must be aligned throughout all these tags for on-page SEO.