When a product option is purchased change amount stored for quantity

Let’s say I have a product where you can buy in pieces or cases and a piece is 1 count and a case is 12 count. When the customer buys a case I need to take 12 pieces out of my inventory software. What are my options to export the 12 quantity with my order info so I can set that up?

You could set the two options up as seperate products with different SKU’s and use the product description to indicate that a case is 12 units to remind yourself to subtract that quantity from inventory.

[quote name=‘JerryRider’]You could set the two options up as seperate products with different SKU’s and use the product description to indicate that a case is 12 units to remind yourself to subtract that quantity from inventory.[/QUOTE]

Everything “Will” says and an additional tidbit. :wink:

You may be able to take this a step further if the accounting software platform you use has the “Unit of Measure” capability. Later versions of Quickbooks now has this feature. Basically, as JerryRider mentions you would setup your products as both individual, single items, and also in mutiple item cases, each are actually setup with unique sku’s and considered seperate products. You would then setup the sku for the “case of 12” item within Quickbooks along with setting the U/M so that when this case item was entered within Quickbooks, 12 individual items would be correctly reduced for the inventory count.

Thanks to the both of you. I love lamp. :smiley:

We do use QB Enterprise. The big daddy of the versions and it supports U/M.