Whats the point of letting customers repay for failed payments if they cannot chanage their billing address?
- Customer places order
- Uses wrong billing address
- Payment processor fails payments (AVS check)
- Customer goes back to the Orders section where he can try and repay the order
- He can only reneter hos card details but cannot amend his billing address for the order
- He therefore has to try and re-order the items as a totally new transaction
Should he/she not be allowed to fix the billing address?
I think there’s a big point in this repay function, when the client makes a mistake with the credit card number or similar they are allowed to quickly retry payment.
when the client makes a mistake with the credit card number or similar they are allowed to quickly retry payment.
But this creates a whole new order when what is desired is to correct the original order.
That was one of the main drivers behind the 2.1.x release track (to fix this).
For 2.0.x we created an addon that folks seems to find effective. Docs are in the “attachements” area of the product detail page located here: