I seen a few threads on peeps complaining about how their checkout page tp pagyment page is slow and guess what now my own customers are calling me up about it but am a bit confused about the solution to this problem…?
There are several solution but which is the right one, just so confused:
- Setup cron job to clear cache every hour
- Use Zekes new cache patch [url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?p=92841#post92841[/url]
- Wait until 2.1.1 cs-cart version because it will be solved there
- The Webo Addon solves it? [url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=17664&highlight=webo[/url]
I am using cs-cart 2.0.15 BTW
[quote name=‘gginorio’]Check 2 more things:
- Is the payment gateway slow by its nature (Linkpoint is notoriously slow).[/QUOTE]
- Just google analystics, just image from SSL
- No paymant gateway - I am capturing the details and manually processing them at the moment
Make sure the google analytics script isn’t hanging (the logs should show if it is).
I’ve noticed this too. Before I had GA enabled, the transfer from checkout page to paypal was still terribly slow.
I get a few cancelled orders when using paypal to process orders and have had a customer recently tell me that the site just hangs and doesn’t actually get to paypal.
Most of them reorder and process through my cc payment gateway which works fine, it’s just paypal orders that seem to have the problem.
I’d be very interested as well to find out how to speed up this process.
If Google Analytics is holding up the page it’s usually because the number is wrong. Check the number you entered in the Addons “edit” for Google Analytics. Make sure it matches the number you were given in your Analytics account to track the site.
[quote name=‘gginorio’]If Google Analytics is holding up the page it’s usually because the number is wrong. Check the number you entered in the Addons “edit” for Google Analytics. Make sure it matches the number you were given in your Analytics account to track the site.[/QUOTE]
I have not check my logs yet but just to note if I had the wrong GA code then I would not see any analytics when I check my stats…
Also I am not connected to any payment gatwaey…
I will check logs later and see if anything is there…