What's new so far...

Now the blocks or tabs in cs-cart 2.0-2.0.8 works like this:

1. Can only mange in Blocks part. So if you have 50 common blocks, all of them are shown there. You can not categorize them.

2. Can only assign the block or tab to ALL or remove from ALL of the products. You can not bulk assign or remove blocks for selected products.

3. The biggest problem maybe. You can not bulk add content to a common block. This is very terrible if you want to just add a simple general information to a block for many products. You have to go to each product (1 load) and click the targeted block if it’s not the first one (1 load), add content, then click Save (1 load), then it’s done for only 1 product! Have 50 products that have a common Shipping & Payment information (other products have another common infor but not this one)? Sorry, you have to repeat the above steps for another 49 times with countless page loads.

4. Sorting all the products tabs and now it’s done in the labs, however, there is still no bulk edit for this feature.

All in all, we need bulk management of product tabs.

Any other improvements can be made on the product tabs feature?

Joe,

Thanks for the detailed explaination. This is what I was afraid of. This will not replace Sno’s Product Tabs, if what is in the labs now is going to be the “final” method of administering Product Tabs.

Bob

[quote name=‘pbannette’]Joe,

Thanks for the detailed explaination. This is what I was afraid of. This will not replace Sno’s Product Tabs, if what is in the labs now is going to be the “final” method of administering Product Tabs.

Bob[/quote]

You’re welcome Bob. I just speak out a common problem that many other people may have since the first version. And don’t worry, the Labs section is for us to discuss about any features that how they should work in the real world, not on the programmers imagination planet.

So we just need to discuss what we merchant really need and hopefully cs-cart will listen.

BTW, shall we make a new thread for each of the new feature? This will have many benefits and we’ll have a bigger chance to get what we want in the core cs-cart.

There is no “Final Design” in the world. Cs-cart really listens to their customers and they now work the problems out fast! Just look at how easy it is now to manage product features and filters. Although I have one more request on this: Make a feature as filter with one click as they have most settings in common.

Thanks.

Joe

[quote name=‘alexions’]So, now you can easily add a unique HTML content per each product, category or page. All you need to do is open the admin area, go to block manager and choose the “Products”, “Categories” or “Pages” section.

Add a unique html block then. E.g. we added this block to the “Categories” section. Open the “Categories manage” page: [url]http://labs.cs-cart.com/admin.php?dispatch=categories.manage[/url]

and click to manage one of them.

Open the “Blocks” tab and you will see your added block. Place your own HTML content, assign this block to this category. That’s all.

Open this category through the customer area and this block will appear with the text you entered.[/QUOTE]

Any demo ?

[quote name=‘miracles’]Any demo ?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, I cannot make an example of HTML block in labs store, because this store is refreshed every hour. But you can easily add it by yourself following the steps above.

There is a new option in Design->Appearance settings to “Display product tabs as a list”. Checking this option removes the product tabs and displays them on a single view.

Bob