What's new so far...

There is a new addon called: Price List, its under the ADDONS section

Sometime later today… HTML Blocks, under Blocks (not yet)

these will be WYSIWYG text blocks where you can add anthing you want, images, text, links without having to do banner ads, sort of like Text Widgets in wordpress.

Future…

Recurring Billing or Subscription Billing, so you can can re-bill a customer on a set schedule for a service, rental, etc.

More info as it is released…

“Sometime later today… HTML Blocks, under Blocks (not yet)

these will be WYSIWYG text blocks where you can add anthing you want, images, text, links without having to do banner ads,”

Thank Heavens!!! I love this addition and hope to see it quickly in a new version! I am currently creating separate Banners for my products to show an additional tab and each Banner has to be specific to a product because of the limitations of not being able to put in product specific info to a block within a product.

Woohoo…can’t wait to see this one!

Regards,

Stephanie

www.Products4Pets.com (currently using King-Cart)

2.0.8 - in development

[quote name=‘scase’]“Sometime later today… HTML Blocks, under Blocks (not yet)

these will be WYSIWYG text blocks where you can add anthing you want, images, text, links without having to do banner ads,”

Thank Heavens!!! I love this addition and hope to see it quickly in a new version! I am currently creating separate Banners for my products to show an additional tab and each Banner has to be specific to a product because of the limitations of not being able to put in product specific info to a block within a product.

Woohoo…can’t wait to see this one!

Regards,

Stephanie

www.Products4Pets.com (currently using King-Cart)

2.0.8 - in development[/quote]

The feature you said is not considered by cs-cart now, maybe it’s better we start by requesting the new features and adding a new Thread about this issue.

Now the Product Block is Global! Even you assign the Blocks to certain products, you can still see them in other products. That’s not good because THIS should work as Product Features! We can manage the blocks related with certain categories or products, not Globally for all the products. Maybe the new Product Tabs can have this feature, more and more Blocks in Product Tabs will make it very hard to manage in Blocks->Products.

You’re right, Joe, I wasn’t thinking all the way with this feature. The information I’m creating should be Product Features and I should be able to create a Tab to contain specific features just like I create Feature Groups (or something like that.)

I know the Product Tabs addon has been requested already to CS-Cart. I think the HTML Blocks will be great for putting any kind of information that we want in them and using them throughout a store. Right now we are very limited to the items in the pull-down list for populating the Blocks.

I would like to see how it works in the Lab version before requesting it as a Feature, though, and I haven’t gone that far yet.

Thanks,

Stephanie

I just confirm a bug which is very annoying.

After you create a new Block in Product Tabs, the Block is off for all the products. However, it will be on for all the products after you enable this Block in one product. This is terrible………:slight_smile:

[quote name=‘scase’]I am currently creating separate Banners for my products to show an additional tab and each Banner has to be specific to a product because of the limitations of not being able to put in product specific info to a block within a product.

[/QUOTE]

I am doing same. I wish a central column split block feature would be available. For example to fit news list and newsletter subscription next to it all in fitted in central column.

has anyone figured out how the baby of the month addon works?

I see that Live Help is again listed in the add-ons.

Bob

Edit: It appears they do not have the Live Help block working yet - the block is not created.

Order validation appears to rate customers/orders based on the Intrum Justitia credit management service (in Europe). This will allow limiting payment methods based on a customer’s credit evaluation.

Bob

Looks like revisions/workflow is back.

Bob

[quote name=‘snorocket’]has anyone figured out how the baby of the month addon works?[/QUOTE]

I am guessing that it will require a special block which has not yet been implemented.

Bob

When Will Be The Price List Addon Launch ?

Hello Bob,

[quote name=‘jobosales’]Order validation appears to rate customers/orders based on the Intrum Justitia credit management service (in Europe). This will allow limiting payment methods based on a customer’s credit evaluation.

Bob[/QUOTE]

What this “Intrum Justitia” exactly?

How this works?

Thank you,

Lee Li Pop

It is a subscription service that provides a credit rating using information they have collected. Looking at the CS-Cart add-on, the software will use the returned rating to specify the payment options available to a customer based on their rating.

Bob

Looks like they are working on the ability to set tab order for product details on a per-product basis - go to a product in the Admin and select the Blocks link. Unfortunately, the changes are not yet reflected in the front end.

Bob

Hello,

If this is the precursor to Product Tabs, I can’t tell if they are implementing Global Product Tabs (Blocks) and how you would apply a particular set of blocks to certain Products/Categories and another set of Blocks for different products/categories.

Bob

They have added a block content of Unique HTML block. I have not found where the HTML is entered for this block type. Is this to allow creating separate HTML on a per-product basis without the need to create new blocks?

Bob

Edit: Unique HTML block has now disappeared from the Block Content dropdown. I guess it was premature.

[quote name=‘pbannette’]

If this is the precursor to Product Tabs, I can’t tell if they are implementing Global Product Tabs (Blocks) and how you would apply a particular set of blocks to certain Products/Categories and another set of Blocks for different products/categories.[/QUOTE]

This is a good question. It currently looks like all blocks (tabs) appear on all products. I sure hope we can specify which blocks appear on a per-product basis.

Bob

So, now you can easily add a unique HTML content per each product, category or page. All you need to do is open the admin area, go to block manager and choose the “Products”, “Categories” or “Pages” section.

Add a unique html block then. E.g. we added this block to the “Categories” section. Open the “Categories manage” page: [url]http://labs.cs-cart.com/admin.php?dispatch=categories.manage[/url]

and click to manage one of them.

Open the “Blocks” tab and you will see your added block. Place your own HTML content, assign this block to this category. That’s all.

Open this category through the customer area and this block will appear with the text you entered.

I am still waiting to see a global product tabs that work the same way as global product options.

Want to be able to configure one or more tabs (set of tabs) and assign, as a link, to multiple products at the same time. And be able to change the order of the tabs and the contents from one place, the same as global options that are linked to products. This is how product tabs worked in 1.3.5.

I don’t see this yet or at least how to do this with the current set up. Do not want to have to go into each product to do this separately.

Bob