What tables are used when I add a new product?

I am trying to create a form that will collect data for a new product. When the form is submitted I want it to interact with the cscart database and insert the collected data to create a new product in the cscart. What tables do I need to insert data into, and if someone knows what columns in those tables do I need to use? Thanks!

It depends on what information you need. There are numerous tables for products.

And no matter what you know now, it will not be valid in the future. Suggest you have your form generate a CSV and have it pass that to the product import mechanisms.

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]Suggest you have your form generate a CSV and have it pass that to the product import mechanisms.[/QUOTE]

Are you referring to the “Import Data” admin form - or do you have some programmatic method of product import?

thanks,

Glen

I’m saying that unless you want to maintain your direct product INSERT/REPLACE at every new version, you might want to have your form use the abstraction of the Product Import (Import Data) so that the cs-cart team will take care of any table changes related to it.

Why not just create a CSV and import it rather than a form? Much easier to manage administer and control. If you version controlled them, you could even go back and see what was done last month…

For my project, the CSV import form isn’t comprehensive enough: no support for configured products, product filters, etc.

[quote name=‘sixnin9’]For my project, the CSV import form isn’t comprehensive enough: no support for configured products, product filters, etc.[/QUOTE]

I don’t use configured products so I couldn’t tell you. Why would you import/export product filters? You set them up 1 time and you’re done. If you meant product features then you can import/export those with the default cart.