What size images?

Hi there fellow members, and a Happy New Year to you all, may it be prosperous and your shopping carts full with new customers,

This topic has probably been covered before but I can't find it:

What size do I make my images?

At present I have new photographs to upload for the site, for example one is 3744 x 5616 Jpeg, 9.6MB, the plan was to reduce the size in photo shop and then upload I was told 200 x 200 which is so small?

Is there a standard size to use?

Look forward to comments.

Coral

And a very happy new year to you too!

I use 300 w x 400 d

Opens just nice in pop up and the cart will resize them for the thumbnail image if you only import the detailed image.Depends how much detail you need really.

Don't forget to adjust your images sizes if needed first before import in admin…settings…thumbnail

john

I like my images to be 1000 x 1000. Usually this makes the images plenty big enough, but the size is still manageable. I also make my images 72dpi.

With images this size, you have some definite room to play with the cart to display the images without them getting messed up looking. While I've never used it, you can use the CS-Cart settings to limit the size of the detailed image. Personally though, I like keeping them big and allowing Fancybox or whatever to resize them based on the user's screen size.

I hope that helps,

Brandon

Hi John and Brandon,

Thanks so much for getting back to me.

I am going to go with the 1000 x 1000 as I do need for the fashion images to be big and detailed, really appreciate the help now for the work, will keep you posted and thanks again.

Coral

In my case in homepage it is looking small even the dimension of the image is around 10002183 but in homepage its showing 130130 … i want to show something more large may be around 200*200 … how can i do that ?

Hi guys,

A big thank you to John and Brandon, played around with the sizing in photo-shop I used height 1000 x width 850 pixels and that seems to have worked out brilliantly. I hope this helps Miracles - listen to me talking like the previous experts! Have a great day everyone, and thanks for looking out for me.

Coral