What is the role of Inventory and Combination

I can’t understand the feature of Inventory and Combinations. Is there any demo available so i can see them.

[quote name=‘miracles’]I can’t understand the feature of Inventory and Combinations. Is there any demo available so i can see them.[/QUOTE]

i don’t understand it either. can anyone help?

I have inventory and combinations set up on my site (please do not place an order as it is a live site). I am running 2.0.8 but I don’t think anything has really changed from that version to 2.0.12.

Basically, you set up an Option for the product such as Size. You assign the values to the option - Small, Medium, Large. Once you have saved the Option, you need to go back in to the Option and turn on the Inventory checkbox to be able to track the product at the option level. If you have more than one option then you would create each with its own option values and turn on Inventory for each Option.

Once you’ve created your Options, go to the Options tab for the product and click the link Option Combinations under your newly created Options to create your combinations. Click rebuild combinations to build your combinations for the first time. (Note: You would also use this link to recreate your combinations if you make any changes to the option values once they’re created - e.g. delete or add a value.)

After your option combinations have been created, you should be able to put inventory in for each combination that was created which will then inventory control your product combinations.

Hope this helps. If you have any further questions, let me know.