What is the role of Facebook & Twritter in Ecommerce websites ?

I have seen plenty of websites add their facebook and twitter account. If you have a Rss feed feature than i don’t think those two accounts need. I don’t know much about facebook and twitter, so can someone explain me it is good for SEO ?

Yeah, I’ve kind of been wondering too. I don’t fully understand the principal behind Facebook or Twitter. I personally have a Facebook account, but only becuase my wife signed me up. I guess I just don’t see the need for everyone to know what is going on in my life, but obviously I am in the miniority.

As for the ecommerce side of things, I am hoping that someone with more knowledge will respond. My understanding is that it is just another way to advertise, but I could be wrong.

Brandon

[QUOTE]Yeah, I’ve kind of been wondering too. I don’t fully understand the principal behind Facebook or Twitter. I personally have a Facebook account, but only because my wife signed me up.[/QUOTE]

LOL, I wanted to check out facebook a few months ago, so I called my ex-wife and asked to borrow her account details, logged in, looked around for about 30 mins & thought, “thats nice”, just another way to distract me from focusing on my business during a recession. :stuck_out_tongue:

signup for onlywire.com

and add your facebook and twitter accounts to that account,

install the onlywire plugin for firefox

then each time you add new products to your site use the onlywire plugin to post your products to twitter, facebook and 20 other sites.

it will give you traffic, plus alot of those sites rank good in google. So when people are searching for your product your bookmark on those sites might come up before your site will.

Thus people will goto the bookmark site and then goto your site. IT works for me everytime.

[quote name=‘giftedwon’]signup for onlywire.com

and add your facebook and twitter accounts to that account,

install the onlywire plugin for firefox

then each time you add new products to your site use the onlywire plugin to post your products to twitter, facebook and 20 other sites.

it will give you traffic, plus alot of those sites rank good in google. So when people are searching for your product your bookmark on those sites might come up before your site will.

Thus people will goto the bookmark site and then goto your site. IT works for me everytime.[/QUOTE]

Than what is the meaning of Rss Feed.

I think you said right because most of the visitors don’t know about your website so this is the best source for knowing your website and increase your income :rolleyes:

Rss feeds are for people who want to book mark your site in their browser… etc in firefox it will show them what the latest additions are.

same thing with google reader… it has zero effect on search engine results.

Social bookmarking affects your search engine placement and also like i said before , your links will appear in the search engines on their sites.

check out some seo sites such as

seomoz.com

digitalpoint.com

sitepoint.com etc…

you will have a better understanding… also put your website in your sig field like i have done… that will give you an instant 733 backlinks to your site