What files and css control the ajax add to cart thing

I am trying to figure out how to change the ajax ad to cart popup and I can’t figure out what controls what.

I’ve been trying to use Firebug, but the box goes away before I can see what is going on.

I would like to know what files control the popup and if you know them off hand, what css controls it as well.

If I at least get the file names I should be able to figure the css my self.

Thanks in advance,

Brandon

It is at the very bottom of the style.css

/* Product notification /

.product-notification {

background-color: #e8f8f8;

}

.product-notification .notification-body {

background-color: #ffffff;

}

/
/Product notification /

and in the style.base.css

/
Product notification /

.product-notification-container {

position: absolute;

top: 50%;

left: 50%;

margin: -80px 0 0 -200px;

color: #000000;

width: 400px;

height: 160px;

z-index: 30;

}

.product-notification {

background-color: #ffffff;

padding: 8px 10px 6px 10px;

}

.product-notification h1 {

font-size: 18px;

}

.product-notification .notification-body, .product-notification .notification-body a, .product-notification .notification-body a:visited, .product-notification .notification-body a:hover, .product-notification .notification-body a:active {

color: #000000;

}

.product-notification .notification-body p {

text-align: left;

}

.product-notification .notification-body {

height: 72px;

overflow-y: auto;

overflow-x: hidden;

border: 1px solid #cccccc;

margin: 10px 0 13px 0;

padding: 1px 7px;

}

.product-notification-container img.cm-notification-close {

margin: 0;

padding: 0;

float: none;

}

.product-notification .notification-body .product-list-field {

margin-top: 0;

font: normal 11px Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;

}

.product-notification .notification-body .product-list-field label {

padding-top: 0;

}

/
/Product notification */

Duh, that would have been a good place to look, thanks Triplets.

One thing though. When you click on your continue shopping button where does it take you? Mine takes me to my index instead of back to the category I was on.

Thanks again,

Brandon

Hello Brandon,

After clicking continue shopping, the notification just goes away & I stay on the same page.

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]I am trying to figure out how to change the ajax ad to cart popup and I can’t figure out what controls what.

I’ve been trying to use Firebug, but the box goes away before I can see what is going on.

I would like to know what files control the popup and if you know them off hand, what css controls it as well.

If I at least get the file names I should be able to figure the css my self.

Thanks in advance,

Brandon[/quote]

It depends on what do you want to do. Layout or behavior changes.

[quote name=‘Struck’]Hello Brandon,

After clicking continue shopping, the notification just goes away & I stay on the same page.[/quote]

In your case it’s a behavior, it has nothing to do with css.

[quote]I am trying to figure out how to change the ajax ad to cart popup and I can’t figure out what controls what.[/quote]css and js

[quote]I’ve been trying to use Firebug, but the box goes away before I can see what is going on.[/quote]you have to be faster

[quote]I would like to know what files control the popup and if you know them off hand, what css controls it as well.[/quote]css=Triplets answer

[quote]If I at least get the file names I should be able to figure the css my self.

[/quote]use grepWin

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]I’ve been trying to use Firebug, but the box goes away before I can see what is going on.[/QUOTE]

You can turn off the autohide in General Settings:

Notice displaying time (to turn off the autohide function enter 0)

[QUOTE]I would like to know what files control the popup and if you know them off hand, what css controls it as well.

[/QUOTE]

I think the popup is populated by /skins/YOURSKIN/customer/views/products/components/product_notification.tpl

As I recall, there is a bunch of code in /js/core.js that actully processes the notifications and popups.

Triplets gave you the CSS.

Bob

Well thank you guys for helping me. This was driving me crazy.

Bob wins the prize though since he was the most right.

I had changed my product_notification.tpl file to reflect a custom button and didn’t notice that it was also part of the cart popup.

I changed the code back for now and everything works fine. Now I’ll just have to figure out how to integrate my button and have it work right.

The only thing about Bob’s answer was that my setting was in:

Admin => Design => Apperance Settings => Customer Settings

Thanks again everyone, I really appreciate it.

Brandon

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]

The only thing about Bob’s answer was that my setting was in:

Admin => Design => Apperance Settings => Customer Settings[/QUOTE]

Oops…:oops:

Bob

Wow. This upgrade is epic fail… notifications hardcoded into the javascript?

Took me a while to figure out that the notifications were no longer going through the notification.tpl file in common_templates.

They should treat cart functionality as an API, and CLEARLY document where it changes so that existing products relying on the function of certain aspects don’t break!

[QUOTE]They should treat cart functionality as an API, and CLEARLY document where it changes so that existing products relying on the function of certain aspects don’t break![/QUOTE]

They don’t have to document any source codes. It’s not a open source script even if the code is open.

Fox,

What do you mean exactly? This notification is controlled with product_notification.tpl

You can change quite a bit around if you are so inclined.

Brandon

[quote name=‘fox’]Wow. This upgrade is epic fail… notifications hardcoded into the javascript?

Took me a while to figure out that the notifications were no longer going through the notification.tpl file in common_templates.

They should treat cart functionality as an API, and CLEARLY document where it changes so that existing products relying on the function of certain aspects don’t break![/quote]

Fox is right … it also took me a while to figure out that the template notification.tpl is good for nothing - the html code for the notification is inside core.js…

Please CS-Cart team, separate the output from the source code.

Now I have to put another core file on my list of edited files for the next upgrade…