WHAT! Error MESSAGE

This one seems normal

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Warning: mkdir() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/superb/public_html/core/fn.fs.php on line 114

Warning: mkdir() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/superb/public_html/core/fn.fs.php on line 114

But When I got to install demo i keep getting this…

reating directory skins/basic/customer

ERROR occurred while coping the files! Please check if the var/skins_repository/base/customer directory exists, has read permissions and the skins root directory has write permissions

And i did change permissions for main folder. Do I have to change permission of each file in the folder?

The system needs to create directories in the root of your website. Make sure that when you un-archived the installation package that it was running as the same user that PHP runs as. Contact your hosting provider’s helpdesk and ask them to ensure that ownerships are consistent with what’s needed by your webserver.

Can you explain simple terms? I’m not understanding?

I unrar the cart on desktop then upload. It tales hours and hours to upload. Right now it has been almost 5 hours and still not uploaded.

If I unrar he file on my hosting it doesn’t sit right and I cant access my install file.

When i run PHPpear packages with my hosting with CPANEL I get these erros.

Warning: mkdir() has been disabled for security reasons in System.php on line 277

Warning: mkdir() has been disabled for security reasons in /usr/local/lib/php/System.php on line 277

could not create directory ‘/home/cscart/php/.registry’

[quote]

If I unrar he file on my hosting it doesn’t sit right and I cant access my install file.

[/quote]

This should be an immediate indicator that something is wrong.

If you put the *.tgz file in the directory where you want your store to be rooted and then use cpanel to un-archive it, you should NOT have any problem accessing the installl directory.

Well i didnt use that file I used the zip… So what is the problem with the errors? What do I tell my hosting?

Cut and paste the errors in your support email to them

Somebody has to know whats going on. My hosting told me this even though it didnt work.

You need to change the permission to files 644 and folder 755 if you set a folder to 777 this will simply not work.

Let us know if you need anything further, we’ll be happy to help!

I even re uploaded and did not change any permissions except of the config local file and I still get the same message

[QUOTE]mkdir() has been disabled for security reasons[/QUOTE]

It seems that your host doesn’t understand their own security settings

That error above indicates that they have the mkdir function listed within the php.ini disable_functions variable.

Ok my host said it was because suphp installed on server. They are setting me up another account without suphp installed

I am by no means a host expert, but I have suPHP enabled on my server and I don’t have this issue.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t suPHP a good thing? I believe it strengthens your security right?

Brandon

[quote]

Ok my host said it was because suphp installed on server.

[/quote]

The two have nothing to do with each other. You are getting the run-around by your hosting provider. Suggest you find a different host, you can find several options in signatures and here on the forums.

@brandon suPHP simply means that when PHP is started for a site that it runs as a specific owner and group rather than “php” or “apache”.

This allows for much greater control over your site and relies on the underlying operating system to prevent things like trojan horses, etc. Yes, it’s a good thing.

The root directory of a site (the one above your public_html or www directory) should be created with the correct ownerships for both owner and group. When files and directories are created, they will inherit the group of their parent and will have the ownership of the process that created them.

That’s why its important to ensure that when a site is setup that you either exclusively use the tools provided by the hosting environment or that you know what you’re doing. The tools will generally not allow you to shoot yourself in the foot.

I dont know. I’m re-uploading the cart now and waiting for my domain to propagate and see if it works. if not I have to find another hosting…

So the root folders above public_html should be create with all access permissions. Is that what your saying? Anyway i can check?

update:Im installing now fingers crossed

UPDATE:

Yahoooo Works now!

With it disabled

Cart is installed

[quote]

So the root folders above public_html should be create with all access permissions.

[/quote]

No, it should be setup correctly by your hosting provider.

Glad it’s working for you

Tony,

Wired Tree initially set me up and then I hired Scott to go through my server and make sure everything was cool. I’m happy I hired him to go through things for me. So far I’ve had no issues at all.

Brandon

@brandon. It’s not that complicated… It should be part of a hosting provider’s commitment to their customers to understand the applications they are running and how that relates to configuration parameters of the hosting solution.

^^^ What he said… Exactly… CSCART is basically user friendly installation. Any newbie can install it. Now if you want to modify the theme thats different.

My hosting solved the problem