What Causes This?

Warning: require(/home1/q4c6u2m6/public_html/init.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home1/q4c6u2m6/public_html/index.php on line 24

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/home1/q4c6u2m6/public_html/init.php' (include_path='.:/opt/php56/lib/php') in /home1/q4c6u2m6/public_html/index.php on line 24

This is the most recent version i am doing a fresh install and starting over on products etc. but for some reason i cannot get it installed

If the file exists then it's probably a permissions issue.

Try to set permissions according to the following article:

http://docs.cs-cart.com/4.3.x/install/useful_info/permissions.html

If 777 permissions do not help, try to set 755

Blindly setting php files to 777 is bad security policy. init.php or any other php script should not require 777 permissions - you don't want other users on shared hosting to be able to alter your scripts. 644 is sufficient and preferred. If the file exists and has 644 permissions and you still get this error then you should check with your host for help as to why.

Blindly setting php files to 777 is bad security policy. init.php or any other php script should not require 777 permissions - you don't want other users on shared hosting to be able to alter your scripts. 644 is sufficient and preferred. If the file exists and has 644 permissions and you still get this error then you should check with your host for help as to why.

Agree, but this is required sometimes for installation process only. We strongly recommend not to use 77 permissions on live stores

Install does require some files to have looser permissions as detailed in the article you linked to but init.php isn't in that list and I can't think of any reason it would need looser permissions during installation as it isn't written to during installation. The best advice is stick to what is documented in the cs-cart article linked to and don't make other permission changes unless you know exactly why you need that change.

Install does require some files to have looser permissions as detailed in the article you linked to but init.php isn't in that list and I can't think of any reason it would need looser permissions during installation as it isn't written to during installation. The best advice is stick to what is documented in the cs-cart article linked to and don't make other permission changes unless you know exactly why you need that change.

The docs are somewhat old (and to reduce support cost, they go with lowest common denominator). Generally, cs-cart checks for write permissions by creating a temp file (and directory) and removing them rather than looking at specific permissions. In general, 755/644 should be used. And if you are really setup properly, you could use 750/640.

The file/directory permissions as well as things like the admin url name should be set during install so that permissions are set properly out of the box and so that the admin script is created properly (with corresponding config.local.php changes).

The more you can do "smartly" rather than rely on merchants makes a better system.