What Causes An Order To Disappear Without Any Trace?

Version 4.3.5 Pro

Hi,

I received an auto email notice from the cart for a low inventory product. There is always an order created that triggers the low inventory notice.

In this case there is no order. It vanished.

There are no database error messages, no incomplete orders, no documented deleted order in the Orders list. I created a new order (3713)and the order number skipped the missing one.

This is the log: (not sure how order could have been deleted)

Orders (status change)
Order: # 3712
— — 07/20/2016, 10:37 AM
Orders (delete)
— — 07/20/2016, 10:37 AM
Orders (status change)
— — 07/20/2016, 10:36 AM
Products (low stock)
Product: Product Name (#18)
Orders (create)

Also,

I checked Abandoned/live carts. The order is in there and for the first time, in the order column contained the order number, 3712. I clicked the hyperlink and it just goes to the home page. The link is storeurl/dispatch=orders.details&order_id=3712. There is no order

Anyone have any ideas how this could happen and where the order went?

Thanks,

Bob

It would appear from your log that the order was deleted by the system.... But then a status change is logged (which makes no sense) at the same time but sequentially after (if your data is in most-recent to least-recent order above). Do you know if the out of stock item the only item in the order?

Yes,

The out of stock item is the only item in the order according to Abandon carts. Also, the item was automatically put back into inventory after being cancelled. There is currently 1 in stock.

The order is most-recent to least -recent directly out of the Admin Log. The first place I went was to incomplete orders and nothing there. No indication that it was a PayPal order. So this method was not used.

Never saw anything this strange before.

Bob

This is the Abandoned Cart Entry.

Unregistered customer

Customer

Date

Cart content

IP

Order ID

Wish list content

Unregistered customer

07/20/2016

1 Product(s)

0 Product(s)

It looks like the system deleted it on you. Would have to dig around to determine under what conditions it will delete and existing order without a person saying "delete".

Keep me updated on this, We've found it happen occasionally, maybe 1 in 2,000 orders,

We traced the cart function, and wrote and addon function to stop the front end having permission to delete the order,

It looked for us to be a user based error

Note that there is no 'delete order' mode in the front-end controllers. If there is, it has been added by a 3rd party.

It looks like the system deleted it on you. Would have to dig around to determine under what conditions it will delete and existing order without a person saying "delete".

This record in the log can be added if Pay order again option is enabled for the corresponding order status and customer tried to pay again.

djstevie84, according to the log in the first message, the order should be still in the system. Please double check the list of Incomplete orders (Orders > View orders > Incomplete orders (in the gear button menu) )