What accounting software do you use?

So I'm trying to get a little feedback on accounting and inventory management software.

We use an outdated software that was created back in the 90's that uses DOS still.

Great software but its just outdated and we need to update.

The problem we are having though is finding a good software that can handle our inventory and do accounting while generating reports that we need as well.

Most of the software's I've found can only handle a limit of 5000 products or so. I did happen to find one but its all online based and were not a huge fan of having all of our inventory and accounting information being online.

We want a software that will be able to install on our computers/network and of coarse be reasonably priced.

So what does everyone use? By the way, we have over 30,000 items in our inventory at the moment and still adding.

Xero.com for Accounting.

If you use SKUs, it will work as required. I would suggest you double check to see if it will allow you to use 30k SKUs however.

So far it's been a dream to use.

I know you're not a fan of online accounting systems, but another +1 for Xero here too. We recently migrated from Quickbooks to Xero, very happy with it.

In addition to grabbing your bank feeds, you can create API keys in Paypal, install them in Xero, and have the PP statements fed straight in. Very cool.

Sage line 50 accounts pro, double entry for our order/stock system but works well

John

We use Peachtree distribution and now they are called Sage. Been using them or 15 years actually thy were ne write plus then peachtree now Sage. We use the distribution which is very pricey but well worth it, starts out at 750 to 1500

Great examples I will check into.

The think I don't like about the online accounting is the fact that we can lose internet quite often were we are.

We have a radio tower we get internet from (Shop is on farm land) and sometimes it goes out which means we would lose access to the accounting end as well.

Are any of you in a drop-ship or manufacturing workflow which requires the generation of two purchase orders from a single invoice? For instance, we order blank apparel from one supplier and have it shipped to another supplier for embroidery/screenprinting.

-Glen

[quote name='2020' timestamp='1390193575' post='175514']

Are any of you in a drop-ship or manufacturing workflow which requires the generation of two purchase orders from a single invoice? For instance, we order blank apparel from one supplier and have it shipped to another supplier for embroidery/screenprinting.

-Glen

[/quote]

Sage line 50 BOM

John

Hi John,

I found this thread (about Sage 50 UK vs Sage 50 US):

CartSpan Accounting Integration for QuickBooks/Peachtree (Sage 50) - Third-Party Services - CS-Cart Community Forums

As a US-based company, it looks like I'd be using the Peachtree/Sage50 version. I'll investigate CartSpan as a sync tool in that setup.

thanks,

Glen

We use Quickbooks Enterprise and it allows us to have very large inventory…of course it cost more too.

[quote name='clips' timestamp='1390258134' post='175580']

We use Quickbooks Enterprise and it allows us to have very large inventory…of course it cost more too.

[/quote]

Id love to use quickbooks, but it only allows 5 users max last time I looked.

Talking out my ass, just seen online now up to 30 !! Will be looking into this