What's Behind Cs?

By the way, what does CS (in CS-cart) stand for? I always wanted to ask this question for several years. CS = KS as in eks/iks = X?

I've heard that CS-cart's code is similar to X-cart's and they started from the same code? Is that correct?

I've also read that X-cart users lose usage of their X-carts if they obtain CS-cart as their second store: X and CS and after they install a second store as CS-cart, then X-cart stops providing service to their X-cart store and as a result of this action they basically lose their X-cart store. Is this correct or is it a rural myth?

By the way, what does CS (in CS-cart) stand for? I always wanted to ask this question for several years. CS = KS as in eks/iks = X?

I've heard that CS-cart's code is similar to X-cart's and they started from the same code? Is that correct?

I've also read that X-cart users lose usage of their X-carts if they obtain CS-cart as their second store: X and CS and after they install a second store as CS-cart, then X-cart stops providing service to their X-cart store and as a result of this action they basically lose their X-cart store. Is this correct or is it a rural myth?

Seriously, how would x-cart know that a user opens a cs-cart store, who makes this stuff up.

Several years ago we posted the comparison article between CS-Cart and X-Cart in our blog.

As I remember the authors of CS-Cart worked in X-Cart for some time and then developed their own shopping cart based on PHP. X-Cart appeared in 2002 and first CS-Cart solution was released in 2005.

At the very beginning, many people noticed that CS-Cart platform was very similar to X-Cart. But they are quite different shopping carts today.

One of our developers have been working with both of these platforms for several years. There are no cases when one of the carts keep from work another one.

Best regards,

Alt-team.