WebsiteCM - Introducing Ourselves

oh, sorry, I misunderstood that sentence.

I think that the ability to turn them on and off is good too.

WebsiteCM - Another idea that just popped into my head is a micropayments type system…

I sell quite a lot of items at a low price (£1, and sometimes less). I also pay my ‘suppliers’ 50% of the sale price. Now, with the payment processor costs this pretty much kills my profit!

What I think would be great is to be able to set a limit of say £5, all purchases over this would be able to use any method they want. However, purchases under this amount would be forced to use the micropayments system, where you would have to log in and send money to your account, which is used for the payments.

I’m sure other people would be interested in this one too. If not, this is something I’ll be looking at in the future.

Simon

Jon!

Glad to see your here!

I want it all!

I want all of my main mods that I have purchased from modders for xcrap to CSCart so I can flush xcrap and forget it.

I will only be able to do so once I can get all of my mods converted over.

For example, your mods with the quick checkout, the up-sell and cross sell. Those were great and I use them, but have yet to really see this check out in action, but I would think the triple combo would be fantastic.

Better SEO Links that appear HTML and not php links. Would like to see them with underscores if possible and not the dashes, I think it is better for SEO.

Also like to see a cart analyzer for CSCart.

Would like to see the points system over here and the majority of those great mods that Carrie made. I know she is considering the jump as I have been speaking to her as much if not more than I was speaking to you about it.

Need a printable catalog. I would like to see a combination of Carrie’s and Finest Cart’s Printable Catalog features. They are both good, but I think that if they had each others options incorporated into a single offering it would rock.

I would say if she chooses to not make the jump, then I would look to you to make the mod as you know what functions we need already, if you take a pass, would like to see CSCart make that a part of the system.

Need a list? I have one, a long one that would make this cart a major money maker with them all incorporated. This is not just a list of items I “want” it is a list of items if available, everyone would want as they all make more money. You know what I am saying. There are those mods that are nice to have, but then there are mods that absolutely make more money if installed.

I sent a long list to CSCart when I first began to speak to them about my jump, but am still waiting on what I thought to be a two week wait for a new release and have yet to see it.

I have not begun to create my new store because I was waiting for the new release, so if time runs out and release does not get here before my support time expires, I may be screwed for any support and that is going to blow because it seems this group is all young like the cart and very few tips, tricks and answers are posted, but there are always plenty of questions.

Anyway, I have a huge list, I don’t care who makes it, I just want to convert my stores to CSCart and dump xcrap in the toilet.

Just an FYI, I spoke to them about API capabilities, so that is something you may want to discuss with them as well. I cannot remember if I told you of that or not. I may have been speaking to Carrie. Hard to say as I have spoken to all of my favorite modders about this platform and my desire to see them support it and get involved in it.

Anyway, If there is a solid core and API capabilities available, then xcrap is out for the count as this would be the ultimate platform.

Again, glad to see you here! I am totally snowed under with multiple issues, so that is the only reason I have yet to call, but I promise I will…

Just need to get caught up on this other stuff first, then I will give you a shout and speak about some things.

[quote name=‘MarkWhoo’]Printable Catalog capabilities…[/QUOTE]

If this is not available in v1.3.3 then we’ll go ahead and finish coding this mod in-house because we already half it halfway done as we learned how to code our shipping labels mod. Mark, paste a list of the mods you want here and lets get the community working together to code these mods for us all to use. If we have the support of all the community in helping to develop and code these mods they can be offered FREE under a GPL license to all users. CS trusts us with their code, we can trust others as well, lets work together community. Their is alot included in this cart and forum, features like recently viewed products, tabbed menus, next/previous products and more…over $100 in mods we would have to pay for from modders at xcrap, working together we can offer each other more.

That sounds like a great idea… Unfortunatly I’m no good with php, but I might be able to help out with the templates or something like that!

Simon

I hate this notification bit. For some reason I am not getting messages that a post was replied to.

Anyhow, I guess there is going to always be something. Nothing is perfect, lol. At least the search will be much better on this platform.

Anyone else have issues with notifications? I have it all turned on. Oh well.

I have no problem posting a list of mods that I would like to have incorporated into my site. I also have no issue paying a modder for them as if it makes me money and they keep the mods updated and available to offer support, then I would pay them for their service.

I agree that some modders are overboard with their requirements, but those are the ones I ignore and do not purchase from. I look for fair price and feature rich mods and I purchase them out of need to make sales :slight_smile:

Anyhow, if a mod is available free and it is feature rich, then you have something there, but if it is not as robust or feature rich as one that is purchased, then it is money well spent.

I will get a list together for whoever wishes to see it. I will post them all in the wish list area.

OK people, for those interested in the list of items I would like to see in mods or capabilities in my CS-Cart.

This is a long list, so ALL of the info for each topic may not be listed, but enough to give you an idea of requirements IS.

I hope this list will be completed and ALL of these items will be produced. By Who?

I do not care, but would love to have them no matter who does it as long as it is done with ease of use in mind and total control, robust and feature rich.

So, go to wish list and look for my “List Of Requested Mods and Capabilities”. I had to break this all up into a total of three chunks due to size, sorry about that, but you all have been asking for my list, so here it is, but in 3 sections.

Also wanted to mention that I have noticed there are a few aspects of this list now beginning to come to fruition in the cart.

I had sent this same list to CSCart when I approached them about my initial jump to this platform and telling them that I would want these capabilities in this platform. I told them of modders that had capabilities to make them (or convert present mods to thei platform) that would allow these to also be provided for cscart.

Jon is one of the modders i spoke of, Carrie at BCSE was another and there were a few more, but since then several have opted out due to their size right now where they are and possible issues with secondary platform to offer support for. Carrie also noted this as an issue, but have not heard from her and she is now going to code the points mod bundle for the platform as one of the initial mods she converts.

For those of you that have dealt with these two before, know that they are decent people, have some great mods and talents.

I have and would recomment the two of them for any modifications due to that experiance.

Jon most of all. why? Speed. I found much faster turn around with Jon. anyhow, you get the picture I guess.