Website Localization - Removal Language

Hi,

My development website is currently using 2 languages: English and Spanish. Im thinking to remove 1 of the language, just using 1 English language maybe because i dont want customers somehow redirect to wrong language and dont know how to switch back ( i disable language chosing frontend). So my question is

1. How do i do this by removing Spanish language?

2. Will all others information from Spanish language like products, descriptions, addons, etc.. REMOVING FROM DATABASE? So it will be lighter.

3. Will i lose something like: design, product information or others..?

thank you so much for your help

Hi,

My development website is currently using 2 languages: English and Spanish. Im thinking to remove 1 of the language, just using 1 English language maybe because i dont want customers somehow redirect to wrong language and dont know how to switch back ( i disable language chosing frontend). So my question is

2. Will all others information from Spanish language like products, descriptions, addons, etc.. REMOVING FROM DATABASE? So it will be lighter.

thank you so much for your help

Hello!

All descriptions in Spanish will be removed from database. Also features values, block contents, menu descriptions in Spanish. I would recommend you just to disable language first and check the main functionality.

You will not loose anything when language is disabled. If you delete it, all descriptions on Spanish language will be removed from database. Go to Administration -> Languages -> Manage languages and do necessary action

If different from the automatically generated, SEO names, keywords, features in text fields, and different language descriptions will be lost. So, if space is not vital, it is better to only disable the language and keep all data in a latent state.

Thank you so much for your help guys :idea: