Webmail?

The new version looks good! Has anyone played with the webmail function? I can’t figure out how to configure or administor it.

The webmail uses one of your accounts on your server. You have to enter the email address and the login name (most of the time it is the same as the email address like your email client uses) and enter the password in for that account, and it will login to that account, pull down the email from the server and there you go. Might need some tweaking for this feature yet, but I like the principal of it… have everything managed from the browser so you dont have to go back and forth when having to contact a customer. I’m still checking it out though… it would be great if it logged all correspondence between a customer and the store so that anyone that was logged in as an admin could see what has transpired to keep things straight.

As an Outlook junkie as well as not having used hotmail for 5 years plus, i rate this add-on pretty highly.

I have configured 3 email addresses for a client using this thing and so far it seems to work just fine.

The client can access his 3 email addresses from the one page and be automatically logged into his webmail accounts when he logs into CS-Cart.

The email client is presented in a very similar way to Hotmail is, so most pple wont be scared away by the ****py UI that horde, roundcube and squirrelmail offer.

It’s only been a day, but i think i’m a fan.

[quote name=‘photogabor’]As an Outlook junkie as well as not having used hotmail for 5 years plus, i rate this add-on pretty highly.

I have configured 3 email addresses for a client using this thing and so far it seems to work just fine.

The client can access his 3 email addresses from the one page and be automatically logged into his webmail accounts when he logs into CS-Cart.

The email client is presented in a very similar way to Hotmail is, so most pple wont be scared away by the ****py UI that horde, roundcube and squirrelmail offer.

It’s only been a day, but i think i’m a fan.[/QUOTE]

I never thought I would be interested in an integrated webmail client either but I am rethinking this. It’s pretty nice having our customer service people all looking at the same information from within the same browser.

Does the calendar display properly for you? It’s a mess for me using Mac (Safari, Firefox, Camino) and PC (IE6, IE7 and Firefox).

Bob

I see when i click webmail on admin panel it shows “CS: ACCESS DENIED” , any problem you face like this before ?

[quote name=‘miracles’]I see when i click webmail on admin panel it shows “CS: ACCESS DENIED”?[/QUOTE]

same problem, any solution? thank you.

Just following up on this question, any resolution? I’m using version 2.0.6. When I enable the web mail add on and click it I get CS: Access Denied and kicked out of my admin login?

thanks,

Jason

[quote name=‘jnproducts’]Just following up on this question, any resolution? I’m using version 2.0.6. When I enable the web mail add on and click it I get CS: Access Denied and kicked out of my admin login?

thanks,

Jason[/QUOTE]

My problem was solved, i don’t know how but after few days access denied message was gone.

I solve the webmail access denied issue by changing the file permissions on the folders below. I missed this during the install of my software. I’m still having a webmail issue of page cannot be found? oh well.

chmod 666 config.local.php

chmod -R 777 catalog

chmod -R 777 images

chmod -R 777 skins

[quote name=‘jnproducts’]Just following up on this question, any resolution? I’m using version 2.0.6. When I enable the web mail add on and click it I get CS: Access Denied and kicked out of my admin login?

thanks,

Jason[/QUOTE]

Did your problem got rectified, if so how?

I am having the same problem using my webmail from Administrator page.

The permission are correct and I am using the latest version of cs-cart.

403 Forbidden

Access to this resource on the server is denied!

[quote name='miracles' timestamp='1246128330' post='50822']

I see when i click webmail on admin panel it shows “CS: ACCESS DENIED” , any problem you face like this before ?

[/quote]

I commented line 13 in addons/webmail/lib/webmail/web/inc_settings_path.php (CS 3.0.1)

// die('CS: ACCESS DENIED');

and it works now!

Use advanced login if your mail server is elsewhere but on localhost