Web Address for Product

Can someone please explain to me why my product links in the address bar look like this:

[url]http://www.tookoutaddress.com/stylist-wear-black-razor-vest.html?csid=13e9038b7b93701b9a7d5b9b53887fae&sl=EN¤cy=[/url]

Isn’t it suppose to look like this:

[url]http://www.tookoutaddress.com/stylist-wear-black-razor-vest.html[/url]

I do not use different currency for this store. I only use and want US currency. I don’t even want it to show in the address bar. Do I need to show csid at all?

Can someone help please. I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Mary Mae

HI Mary

I think you need to have SEO on for that.

Hi MaryMae,

In my version 2.0.8, I disabled ALL of the countries except for the ones I ship to which is just USA in the Shipping/Taxes > Countries section. I also made sure that in Administration > Settings, the Alternative currency display format was set to Show prices in selected currency only. You might also want to make sure that in Administration > Currencies, all other currencies are disabled. I’m not sure which one of these settings will actually remove the currency info in your URL but one of them should.

Good luck and hope this helps!

Check your SEO options to have language variables appear in the seo url.

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]Check your SEO options to have language variables appear in the seo url.[/QUOTE]

Ticked on language under SEO and that did it. But isn’t there a way to do without the (en for language) in the address bar. Thank you bunches Jesse!

Mary Mae

[quote name=‘scase’]Hi MaryMae,

In my version 2.0.8, I disabled ALL of the countries except for the ones I ship to which is just USA in the Shipping/Taxes > Countries section. I also made sure that in Administration > Settings, the Alternative currency display format was set to Show prices in selected currency only. You might also want to make sure that in Administration > Currencies, all other currencies are disabled. I’m not sure which one of these settings will actually remove the currency info in your URL but one of them should.

Good luck and hope this helps![/QUOTE]

Thanks for your reply and everyone else. So nice! However, the recommendation Jesse gave me (noted below) worked for everything.

Thanks scase! Oh, my version is still 1.3.5-SP3. I am scared to upgrade. It gives me the “IBBY-GIBBIES” to even think about it.

Mary Mae