Watermarks add-on is available for testing

Hi,

replace the func.php by this attachement.

HOT FIX solve :

• Support extension : x-png
  • Support Transparent for png and x-png
  • resolve the problem with black background for PNG

In next update : it would be great to find
  • configure WATERMARK_FONT_ALPHA in administration
  • Possibility to oriente texte 45° or more
  • Delete watermaked picture when you remove picture or product files

func.zip

Just installed

The only thing that seems to be not working for me is when entering a new product and adding an image at the same time and clicking the watermark this image it doesn’t do it. You have to check the Watermark this image again and then click save a second time after the initial save.

A watermark by default setting on the options page would be good so that the checkbox is already checked and I don’t forget to do it on some products.

Thanks nice addon

allright, i noticed this bug me too :frowning:

Sorry for the delay in answering.

A new add-on version is under development now. The logic of creating of paths to images will be changed in this version.

Support of automatic applying of watermarks to images will also be added to this new version.

If you apply watermarks to png images and experience any problems in it, you can use fixes from creativeuser.

Dear creativeuser, thank you for a good suggestion!

thanks very much klerik :wink:

All messages related to the mattls’s modification are moved to a new branch:

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=24318[/url]

Is possible to change the settings to display watermark only on detailed images. Because I don’t want to have it displayed on other place, thumbnails etc ?

THX

Is this watermark will work on 2.2.1 version also?

Thanks,

Albert

[quote name='MimiWatch' timestamp='1303667043' post='110834']

Is possible to change the settings to display watermark only on detailed images. Because I don't want to have it displayed on other place, thumbnails etc ?

THX

[/quote]

I'd like to know the same too. For me, i only want to see the watermark on the largest popup image.

Is anyone else wondering if this “Watermark” addon is ever going to actually be completed, where is the sense of urgency, or aka: “Completion”? B)

Yes, the watermark add on would be a nice one to see finished. Does it not work correctly for anyone yet? I really don't want to download it if it is still not completed. It would be like their Facebook “like” that was started, did not work and as far as I know, it never got finished.

when will you update it to add more function?

we really need it ! :)

It's been well over a month since I ask the same basic question. My guess is the modification has already been abandoned.

Hello,

Let me apologize for the delay and say that I appreciate your patience in waiting for a response.

I would like to inform you that unfortunately, we had to suspend the development of the Watermarks add-on some time ago. But we plan to improve it soon and include it in one of the next CS-Cart releases.

Once again, I am sorry for not responding to your posts on a timely manner.

[quote name='KleriK' timestamp='1300197554' post='106734']

Hi all,

We are glad to introduce a new add-on for CS-Cart. It is called “Watermarks”.

As you can guess, this add-on will help you watermark images in your store automatically.

You can upload a watermark or create it by yourself by entering some text, size and color for you watermark.

Download link:

[url]http://klerik.dev.cs-cart.com/watermark_addon_v1.0.zip[/url]

Unpack this archive and copy the contained files to the root directory of your store, then

install this add-on and open the Administration > Watermarks tab in your admin area to set the add-on.

Here you can select “Graphic watermark” and upload an image for your watermark by yourself

or use “Text watermark” and enter some text, size and color for you watermark.

Then go to any page with an image, for example, to the product details page and select the “Watermark this image” check box and save the changes.

NOTE: After you change settings of the add-on, you should go to the page with the image and save the page - this is necessary to regenerate the images with new settings.

You should use the PNG image format for your watermark image file.

The add-on is designed for CS-Cart version 2.1.4.

Thank you. I will look forward to your feedback.

[/quote]

does it work on the latest cs-cart version 2.2.3?

You may want to read the comments from CS-Cart in the last post and also listed below.

[quote name='KleriK' timestamp='1317224137' post='122492']

I would like to inform you that unfortunately, we had to suspend the development of the Watermarks add-on some time ago. But we plan to improve it soon and include it in one of the next CS-Cart releases.[/quote]

What is the current status of this – looks like dev stopped?

Anyone using with 2.2.4?

In 2.2.4 doesn’t work :confused:

This addon does work with 2.2.4… But is there any way to turn on this addon BULK… Seems that you must go into every product and check the box and click save then the system regenerates the image… With over 30,000 products its just not feasible… I tried and went into SQL and turned it on for all the products but guess it doesn't work that way… Are there any other options out there…???

[quote name='CarStickersDecals' timestamp='1328352662' post='130605']

Are there any other options out there…???

[/quote]

Outside cs-cart, I just do it manually with photoshop actions. You can search online tutorials, but here some steps:

• In photoshop (PS) create a psd file with the watermark and save it.
  • Download from your store, the folders located in root/images/product/… and open any image on PS.
  • Initate and name an action record.
  • Go to file>place> and select your watermark psd file.
  • The watermark will appear over your image, hit “enter”.
  • Now, go to File>Save For Web Devices> and save the image in a new folder or replace your original.
  • Close the file, and don't save the changes.
  • Stop recording your action.

Then just go to File>automate>batch and select the action, the source and destination folders.