want to send mesage with invoice to customer from admin site

The title probably doesn't make to much since but this is what i want to do

When a customer orders an item off the site, and it is back ordered, we all know when we do that it sends a message to the customers e-mail saying the item has been back ordered but id like to be able to send a message on that invoice of details with that invoice, to let them know the period it will take to recieve. I thought id be able to use the “Customer notes” or “Staff notes”

But that didn't work. Is there an easy way to do this?

I think this would be nice also, if there was a way to possibly do this!

How do you plan to manage what message is sent to the customer? I.e. where's it going to get the expected date/time that the item should be available again?

People tend to forget that the easy part is many times applying the logic or implementing the behavior. The time consuming part is developing how to manage the information effectively and appropriately.

I just want to be able to send them a message through the invoice on cs cart saying that the item has been back ordered and we will receive it in what ever time frame it is.

so for instance i want to have a message say " Item # 25003600 has been back ordered and we will receive them in 1 week." and it will send that message to them to the e-mail provided on there account.

That's all. So the customer can know something on why they haven't received there order.

We don't use cs cart to stock our product or do inventory work. We use a 3rd party software for invoicing and stocking and everything. Cs-cart is just to get the customers information and to host our site on.

Under the order details. There is a place to add notes and choose the order as backorder and at the bottom it says notify customer. That should work

[quote name='zeero6' timestamp='1320766612' post='125573']

Under the order details. There is a place to add notes and choose the order as backorder and at the bottom it says notify customer. That should work

[/quote]

That dont work. It says “customer notes” and “staff notes”. Thats for when the customer looks up there order on the website. It shows them notes. Im needing to send them an message through there e-mail through the shopping cart

I think Zero is talking about in the “shipments section” there is a box to add comments about the shipment which gets sent to the customer along with carrier info etc etc.

NOT the staff and customer notes in the main order window.

John

[quote name='johnbol1' timestamp='1320793602' post='125592']

I think Zero is talking about in the “shipments section” there is a box to add comments about the shipment which gets sent to the customer along with carrier info etc etc.

NOT the staff and customer notes in the main order window.

John

[/quote]

Ah i didnt realize you could do that, i guess the main purpose for that is for sending tracking information and such but i guess i could use that for back orders too.

That will work just fine! thanks!